1

After leaving District Two i feel like a great weight is being lifted off of my shoulders. Just one more District. Just one more. "One more!" Effie cries out as we board the train again. Peeta and i smile weakly at each other before heading off to our rooms to get ready for the District party. I hate having to constantly change my wardrobe. I asked my team why i had to wear a different dress to every party and every District i went too and they seemed appalled that i would even ask such a thing.

"Well i don't see why i have to change it for the party too! I understand why i should wear something different for every District but why can't i wear the same dress i wear out on the Justice Building to the party." i protest as they bring out a dazzling blue number and slip it over my body.

"I don't understand why you even have to ask." Octavia exclaims tugging at the fabric as it falls down around me. I sighed and didn't bring it up again. The party District 2 held was glamorous to say the least.

"Everything is imported." Venia whispered to us as we stepped through the hall. Crystal chandeliers on the ceiling, giant ice sculptors of us, red velvet carpet that would probably feel like heaven to walk on. Too bad they made me where these awful heels. I pull on the straps now clutching to Peeta's shoulder as i do.

"The shoes bugging you?" he asks glancing down at my hands.

"Yeah." i reply setting my foot back down as people begin to stare.

"Take them off." i laughed a little shaking my head.

"My team would have a fit." i tell him as he holds out his arm for me to loop mine through.

"Your dress touches the floor they won't notice." i roll my eyes and smile.

"Oh they'll notice." Peeta chuckles.

"You can take them off when we sit down to eat." I smile up at him and nod my head.

"Ok but if they ask I'm blaming you." Peeta chuckles as we head to the tables piled high with food. I've had so much food on this Victory Tour it's hard to imagine eating more before i see what they've placed before us. "I think they're trying to fatten us up?" i whisper to Peeta harshly.

"They're going to fatten us then eat us." he whispers back. I start laughing and watch as people turn their heads to stare at us.

"Eat us? that's a little drastic." i whisper to him as i try to hold my plate with one hand and my dress with the other.

"Let me." Peeta says holding out his free hand. I hand him my plate and hold my dress up as we head towards the table. We're allowed to sit anywhere they said but there's usually a specific table set apart from the rest of everyone in the middle that just screams Victors Catora and Peeta Sit Here. So that's where we sit and while we eat and talk with Haymitch, Effie, Cinna and Portia i kick off my shoes and feel the soft carpet on my soles. I was right. It feels heavenly. Peeta leans toward me as we watch some people begin to dance around us. "Would you care to dance?" Peeta asks. Before whenever Peeta would ask i would blush and politely decline telling him I'd probably trip and bring him down with me. We would usually walk around talking to the other guests, get more food, never really dancing.

"You know my answer." i whisper back.

"I know but i ask anyways hopping you'll change it." his right blue eyes are shining and i sigh before nodding my head slowly.

"Wait are you actually saying yes?" Peeta asks a little startled. I blush and stand holding out my hand to him.

"Yes." Peeta grins and leads me away. I'm glad for the length of my dress, they hide my feet, but Peeta could also trip over it.