Breakfast

I didn't sleep very well despite the soft sheets and feather light mattress. I woke to light streaming in through the floor to ceiling window. That's not why i got up though. I smelled food. I made my way to the shower and scrubbed every inch of my body with lilac smelling body wash. I rubbed creamy lotion on my skin and then grabbed the prepared clothes out of my closet. It's black pants and a black shirt with a collar. They have matching leather shoes. I pull everything on and tug my hair into a braid. I sigh as i look at myself in the mirror.

I would be at school at this time. I'd go through all the classes with Katniss at my side. We would meet up with Prim and sometimes Gale. We would trek to my house where i would drop off my things and change my clothes. We'd leave Prim at home to do school work then head off into the woods to catch dinner. There would be none of that. Katniss will trudge through school alone. Her eyes probably red from crying. People will look at her sympathetically. Maybe Madge will be with her. She will hold Prim in her arms and rush home with Gale. They will probably vent in the woods. Katniss crying and screaming. Gale looking on, offering a shoulder. Then they will do what they can to get game and head back home. I hoped there wasn't too much crying over me. I fixed my shirt, pulling it down lower past my hips. I didn't have much to show off but the clothing hugged my body and made it look like i did. Lacing up the shoes i walked out into the dining room.

Peeta and Haymitch are nowhere in sight, but i'm starving. There's a long table off to the side. It's loaded down with food. Upon seeing me a guy with dark skin and hair takes a plate and prepares to fill it with food. "I can do it." i tell him. He looks at me hesitantly then at my hand which I'm holding out for the plate. With a nod he hands it over. I do my best to smile at him. He doesn't smile back. Wondered if it was hard to eat since they didn't have tongues. Was there even a point? They couldn't taste anything anymore.

I shook my head and started to fill my plate. I piled on bacon and eggs, some sort of flat cake things. I would've asked the guy what they were but he of course couldn't speak. On top of that i put slices of strawberries and apples. I tried to eat like a lady but i failed. Nobody else was really around and i don't think the Avox was paying to much attention to me. I stuffed everything into my face and got up for more. This time i filled my plate with more fruit. I'd never seen most of them, but they were all sweet and delicious. Feeling full I grabbed a steaming cup of hot chocolate and stood over by the balcony watching the city life. I didn't go outside. It was still pretty chilly. Clutching the cup in both hands and I held it close to my face. It was keeping me warm and it, of course, smelled delicious.

I heard a noise off to my left. I turned to see Peeta walking out of his room. He still looked pretty sleepy. I wondered what time it was. He rubbed the back of his neck looking around the room and blinking. It was pretty bright out here with all the colors. "Hi." i called out with a small wave. Peeta stared at me long and hard.

"Hey." he replied running a hand through his blonde hair. He turned toward the table of food. In the next instant Haymitch emerged from his room. He looked me over suspiciously standing by the window. I decided to go sit with them at the table while they ate. I realize that Peeta and i are in the same outfit. I wondered if all the tributes wore the same thing. I stay quiet as they dig in. An Avox comes by and hands me another cup of hot chocolate as i drain my first one.

"Thanks." i say giving a small smile. This one smiles back. I bring the cup closer to my face. It's still steaming.

"Okay, well, first things first. Do you want to be coached together or separately? Choose. Now." he tells us. I glance at Peeta he looks just about as confused as i do.

"Why would we want to be coached separately?" he asks.

"Well if one of you has a special skill you don't want the other to know about." he says. We look at each other again and then stare at Haymitch.