Fever

"Catora." Someone says hoarsely. "Catora." Peeta is shaking me gently. He's so warm I don't want to move but I slowly unhitched my arms from around his waist. I rub my eyes and look at him tiredly. "Sorry to wake you but you're. Burning up." He presses his cold palms against my cheeks and I almost gasp.

"Sorry." i mumble grabbing his hands and feeling the coolness of it wash over me.

"We need to get some water in you." Peeta says swiftly standing up and grabbing up my bottle. He hands it to me and i take a small cautious sip. "No drink all of it." Peeta encourages.

"I don't want to." i reply knowing immediately that this is a bad sign. Peeta looks at me grimly. I chug the rest of it. The water tastes fowl and i want to throw it back up.

"Hey, hey. You're ok." Peeta says getting up. He starts to walk away toward the mouth of the cave.

"Where are you going?" i ask slightly distressed as i sit up and watch him.

"To get you more water." he says rushing out. The sunlight is blinding. I grimace and shield my eyes. I shove the sleeping bag off my legs and look at my leg. I want to scream. It's worse. Red, puffy and oh god, my veins. They're turning a dark red. Blood poisoning. I put my hands over my mouth so i don't scream. I'm going to die here. No amount of sponsors or dried up leaves is going to save me. My head begins to spin. I need air. I need to get out of here.

I manage to somehow stand and stumble toward the mouth of the cave. The birds are singing and everything is bright. Too bright. I stumble and almost pitch forward onto my face. I catch myself and hobble around for a bit. I don't know where i am. I'm dizzy and i don't see the cave anymore it's gone. I sit down and feel everything begin to spin. I fall backwards my head hits the ground but it doesn't look like i do. The trees blur together and blend with the sky and clouds. Everything one big blue green color ball.

Someone's calling my name. How long as it been? Is it Peeta? I hope so. This would be a rather sorry way to die. A face comes into view. I try to move my lisp and form a name. It's Peeta. His blonde hair falling into his face. He's saying something i can't hear. I try to make my lips form the letters of his name but nothing comes out. He's pulling me up into a sitting position.

"Catora. Are you ok? What's wrong?" he's asking but his voice is distant as if he's speaking from far away.

"Why is everything spinning?" i say or at least i think i do. I might not be speaking out loud.

"Catora stay with me." Peeta mummers hauling me up into his arms.

"No don't." i moan. "Leave me on the ground." i say trying to grab for it. It seems a lot closer than it really is.

"Don't squirm." Peeta whispers in my ear. I still try to fight him my face a mask of concentration. Why is he doing this. Why can't he just leave me on the ground to die. I want to die now. There's no point.

"Peeta." i whine giving up.

"Yeah." he replies as he steps back into the cave.

"Do you love me?" i ask. I feel him stiffen slightly.

"Yes." Peeta replies immediately kissing me softly before setting me back on the ground.

"I don't believe you." i reply. I don't know if this is actually me talking or if it's the delirium.

"Why not?" Peeta asks sitting down next to me. I huff like a little child and cross my arms.

"Because you don't show it." i tell him. Peeta puts an arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to him.