Clover

I heard more than saw Cato walk toward me. His heavy gait was hard not to hear. He trampled the ground crushed twigs and leaves. It was a wonder how he stayed quiet in the woods. I guess it's different in there. In the woods you had to be quiet. There's were people to kill of people who could kill you. Though I highly doubted any of the other tributes could do much damage. Just imagining Rue running around slicing peoples throats made me want to laugh. I guess my sense of humor has gone dark side. "We're going to sleep now. I won't be on watch duty." I cut him off.

"Who is?" I asked not really caring but still wanting to know.

"Clover. Don't kill each other, and go sit by the fire." He commands. I stand up arms crossed and stare at him.

"Is that an order. Or are you politely suggesting I do something.

"Politely suggesting." He says sarcasm in his voice.

"I don't want to be anywhere near Clover. She's a pain." I tell him honestly. He's rolling his eyes again. What is with this guy. My reasons are always completely valid yet i am constantly getting the eye roll.

"You two are a lot more alike then you know. Besides who knows what will happen with Clover all alone over there." I get what he's saying without him actually saying it. I glance over at Cordella's sleeping form. She had knocked out pretty quickly. How could you sleep around these killing machines?

"Are you threatening me with Cordella's life?" I ask through my teeth. Cato simply shrugs before walking away.

"Who knows what will happen." He calls back softly. I have half a mind now to kill them all take Cordella and run. Instead I sit back down.

Does he know about my plan with Cordella? No. He couldn't have heard us. But Cato is smart. If anything he has a suspicion right now. Which means Cordella and I shouldn't stick around long. But how was I going to get around Clove? Surely she would notice Cordella and I trying to escape. I could knock her out. I looked over at her. Clovers eyes were trained on me. Nope. She was going to let me out of her sight even for a little while. How were we suppose to do this... "Come and sit by me Girl on Fire. Or are you scared?" Clover mocked. I scoffed.

"Afraid of what. All you are is a big attitude and a bigger ego. You don't have it in you to kill someone." Clover snarled a couple of swear words at me. "Tell me how many people have you killed? Oh wait. Cato and Marvel did all the dirty work. You're just here to watch." She's on her feet and halfway to me when i grab up my bow and pull back an arrow. She has several knives in her hands ready to throw. She's baring her teeth but hesitating. I can let go of the arrow faster than she can lift her wrist and she knows it. "Just sit down." I growled. She hesitated and then to my surprise listened to me. Throwing her knife into the ground frustrated she sat back down with a huff. I lowered my bow and arrow placing them on the ground lightly and turned to my originally sitting position.

"Can I ask you something?" Clover says.

"You can ask I probably just won't answer." I watch her grind her teeth.

"Does he love you." I rolled my eyes.

"Who?" I questioned knowing full well who she meant.

"Lover boy of course." She replied venom in her voice. I didn't say anything at first. What was I suppose to say.  

"Why does it matter?" I questioned.

"What a great tragedy. The lovers of District 12. Thrown into a game to fight for their lives." She was staring off into the distance. She had a glazed look in her eyes. "So I'm asking you. Does he love you because this is some messed up..." She threw a few cute words out there. "I've prepared my whole life for this moment." She scoffed. "Well my mom has prepared me that is. Winner of the 55th Hunger Games." She looked pissed. I suppose her mom told her all the gory details of each tributes death. "Did you know she killed the guy tribute from her District over who would be leader. Pathetic right." I didn't answer. I felt like this conversation was private in a sense. I mean everyone in the Districts could see her and listen but Clover was more of talking to herself. Ranting. She needed to get this out.