Recap

"Hey there." A voice said softly. I jumped about ten feet into the air only to have hands clamp down on my arms. "Whoa." Said the voice in surprise. "It's just me." I swiveled my head to see Haymitch. I breathed out.

"Hello." I respond with a curt nod.

"Do good out here kiddo. How about a hug?" Haymitch asks with probably the darkest smile he can muster plastered onto his face. I wrap my arms around him. "Listen sweetheart. They're not happy. The Capitol is not pleased." He hisses into my ear. I laugh joyfully and so in my simplest voice possibly.

"What do you mean?" I even throw in a giggle for good measure.

"You showed them up. You both did. They're not happy." He repeats. Putting me at arms length.

"What am I supposed to do about that?" I ask with a smile and a shrug like its a normal nonchalant conversation.

"You already know." He smiles but his eyes are telling me a different story.

"Know what?" I ask generally confused. Haymitch puts a finger to his lips giving me a small smile. "Know what?" I whisper shout as he backs away and slips behind the makeshift wall I assume Peeta is standing behind. He winks and my stomach begins to do flips. What does he mean? I already know? Know what? What could I possibly know? That's when the anthem music begins and I hear the booming laughter of Caesar Flickerman. He's greeting the crowd. My blood runs cold and everything feels numb. I glance at the wall separating me from Peeta. Just a few more moments.

Introductions. The prep team first. Someone had been so kind as to set up a screen back here for me to watch on. My prep team squeals and practically bounds toward the stage. They take a bow all together. Effie. She walks out wearing neon yellow everything it's almost too bright to even look at her. I squint at her projection and she bows a huge smile on her face. I bet she's waited for this moment her whole life. Then there's Haymitch. He receives applause that goes on for at least a good five minutes. He repeatedly bows with a fake smile on his face. Then it's time.

I'm being rushed toward my side of the stage and instructions are being whispered into my ear. "Walk straight. Smile. Peeta's on the other side." Suddenly the butterflies take off in my stomach. Peeta. I haven't seen him in days. Will he still look the same? Are they going to get the sort of reunion they expect? Then I'm being pushed onto stage. I've forgotten to walk. The crowd goes wild. I take one glance at them. Another at Cesar Flickerman. Then, there he is. He looks so much better now then he did in the cave. Than I've ever seen him actually. A shirt the color of my dress. A deep blue jacket to accent the color of his eyes. Black pants and shoes. It's like everything slowed down. Like the world stopped turning and everything became silent. Then I'm flying.

I slam into his chest my arms around his neck. His arms are around my waist in an instant and he spins me around once quite literally sweeping me off my feet. Then he places me back down on the ground and pulls back slowly but I'm so excited i don't stop there. I pull him down to my height and kiss him, my hands on his neck so that he cant move. I can feel Peeta smile against my lips which makes me smile too. I break away smiling like crazy and hug him again his arms grip me tighter. "I've missed you." I whisper into his ear. "They locked me up." i meet his eyes and he presses his forehead against mine.

"It's ok now." he whispers kissing me again lightly. The crowd is still cheering. I kiss him back and that's when i feel the tapping on my shoulder. I turn to look Cesar Flickerman is smiling at me.

"Umm hello yes. Interview?" he says in more of a question than a statement.

"One moment." i say with a smile before kissing Peeta again. The crowd goes wild. "Ok." i tell Cesar pulling away and taking Peeta's hand in mine. We head toward the Victor's chair. Well actually it's a couch. Made of red velvet. I guess they wanted us to sit as close as we could next to each other. Peeta sits down first and pulls me into his lap but i laugh and shake my head sliding off of his legs to sit next to him. The crowd goes,