Foxface

We fall asleep again in each other's arms again. I wake up the next morning thinking that I could definitely get used to this. Then a lump forms in my throat that i have to choke down. Thresh. He's gone. There's only four of us left now. "Hey." Peeta says his voice sounds deeper in the morning. He kisses my forehead. I smile up at him brightly trying not to show how much it still hurts. "Does your leg look any better?" He asks as we begin to unravel ourselves. I roll off his chest and land on my but on the ground.

"Oh my god." I whisper. It's gone. The skin around the gash is pink and squishy looking but the gash itself is sealed up leaving a long purple line across my thigh.

"Wow." Peeta says with a whistle.

"That's some great medicine." I add on, beginning to pick myself up. I stumble but Peeta is there immediately one arm around my waist. "Hey, let me walk. If were going to be doing any running soon I have to start walking on my own." I tell him. Peeta nods and slowly releases me. I put one hand against the cave wall and begin to slowly walk around. My legs are stiff and it still sort of hurts to move my left leg but I feel so much better.

"And the suns out." Peeta says looking beyond me. I look too. The world outside is bright and I can even hear the birds singing. I bite my lip and wring my hands. It's been a while since I've shot the bow. Do i remember how to? Of course. I have to. Years of practice couldn't have been washed away in a couple days. I've just never gone this long without using it. The event's from last night keep replaying in my head. What happened to thresh? How did he die? Did he go down fighting? "Something's bothering you." Peeta states. I shrug not bothering to answer him. "Well if you can walk now do you wanna. I don't know have a look around outside? the games are coming to a close. I'm sure they're probably going to draw us all to one place anyways. So might as well get started." Peeta says begging to pack everything up. I nod slowly and help him. I grab up my bow and throw the quiver of arrows over my back. Despite my protests Peeta carries the backpack and everything else. I notch an arrow in m bow as we walk out.

"Where do you want to go?" Peeta asks. I shrug. "Come on. You have to say something eventually." Peeta says slightly teasing. I look at him with a blank expression. "I know how to make you talk." i want to ask how but i bite my tongue. Suddenly he's tickling me which is about the weirdest thing anyone could do in the games. We're both laughing so loud i wouldn't be surprised if Cato swooped down and killed us both, but he doesn't.

"No! No! Stop!" i say between laughs.

"Alright." Peeta says still laughing. I elbow him.

"What if somebody heard us." i say as we begin to walk in the direction of the Cornucopia. Peeta shrugs.

"It would be easier to kill them then i guess." Peeta says teasingly. My smile drops. Peeta hasn't killed anyone in the games, but i have. It's not fun. "I'm sorry.. I didn't.. I didn't mean it like that." Peeta says realizing what he's just said. I shrug and Peeta sighs. "Well, what do you think they have planned for the finale?" Peeta asks. I think for a couple seconds tapping my chin.

"Something that will keep everyone on the edge of their seats." i reply looking back up at him. Peeta smiles and then looks off into the trees. That's when she's on me.

"Play along." Foxface says lowly into my ear. With a shout i throw her off and scramble away from her. Play along? Peeta shouts something and looks incredibly angry. He starts for her and Foxface looks suddenly terrified as she scrambles on all fours away from him.

"Peeta!" i say scared for her life as i haul myself up. I grab his arm in an attempt to slow him down. He growls. He actually growled. I gasp and put one hand over my mouth. Peeta stiffens and looks at my shocked face. His face drops.