Chapter 2

I always liked the smell of a new car. It was a black Toyota Camry and had nice gray leather seats inside. Pulling it out with Ava sitting shot gun, I notice my fathers blue Jeep still collecting dust in the garage. I release that they would probably give it to me if it was actually in good condition. That car had been through more than I could ever have and my dad never bothered to repair. Things like Kanimas, Dread Doctors, Alpha Packs, Darachs, Nogitsunes, and Berserkers got in the way and thats why I will never tell Scott to repair it. It's the only thing I have of my father. The driveway ends and I start down the road and a few turns after that till we reach Beacon Hills High School.

"So, are you going to try out for school lacrosse team?" Ava says with sympathy. Lacrosse was a huge thing to hers and my family. There was no doubt that Ava wasn't going to make it due to a little wolf agility she pitches in into everything she basically does. On the other hand, I wasn't sure about myself because even though Scott spends all of his spare time he gets to play and practice with me, I was't sure if there would be any other people that could be better than me.  Unlike other high schools, Beacon Hills was the only high school who has a girl and boy mixed team.

"Yea, I think i'll give it a try. You'll probably have a better chance than I though." Ava forms a unsure face as a say these words.

"Really," she says truthfully, "I thought the exact opposite." I was surprised by this because Ava didn't like to think that others were better than her. I am proud for her to admit such a thing, but she's wrong. Pulling into a parking space next to a row of motor cycles and open my door ease to make sure I don't scratch it on the first day of having it. Ava does the same while blowing her long blonde bangs from her bun out of her face. 

Taking my first steps unto to the campus , I am stop by a voice that I was not familiar with, "Stilinski." I turn my attention to see a man with uneven brown hair and I shirt he had got from his grandmother and whistle hang from his neck. Wait this must be the lacrosse coach, Mr. Bobby Finstock. Scott told me a lot about this guy and he was right up to the point were that he doesn't look a guy who knows what he's doing. "Your Stilinski's daughter, right?" he says sure of himself but not in a way that I can understand.

"That's me." I say humorously.

"And your my score king senior year Dunbar's daughter?" he says getting himself all excited.

"In the flesh." she says with her usually full of herself tone.

"Can I plan on both of you to try out?" Coach Finstock says smirking a hint. We both nod and continue to the doors of the school. The bells ring. First period I have math and second period I can on plan seeing Ava at history.

School ends and Lacrosse tryouts are near, I pass so many people who talk about watching the tryouts or trying out. I am beyond stressed about having my chances of getting on the team. Reaching my locker I turn the dial till it opens, closing it the strangest thing happens. No ones in the hallway, its night time now from some strange reason and hear a voice coming from down the hallway. I follow it slowly, wandering every hallway to find nothing and not until I get to the boys locker room that I hear the voice clearly. It's my mother. I can feel her warm touch against my cheek as a shed a tear. She smiles for a moment and then frowns and she whispers into to my ear, "Find us." She's crying too as she disappears into the shadows of the lockers. 

"Wait, come back, where are you?" she says nothing and I see a picture of my parents holding me as baby. I find myself looking into my locker, then seeing teens walking and socializing throughout the daylight hallway. I must've dosed off, what time is it? 4:45. The tryouts start in 15 minutes! Running as  fast as I can into the girls locker room I change into my gray t-shirt and black shorts with nike cleats grabbing my helmet and stick. On my way out I look into the mirror to tie up my short brown hair.  I smile and head out the doors to the lacrosse field filled of mostly boys and few girls. "Hey what's up, any competition?", I curiously say to Ava who wears a neon tang top and gray shorts with her hair tied up into a pony tail.

"Yea, big time, if you want to be captain, your going to have to perform better than Drake Talbot. His father, Brett Talbot, was the captain of Beacon Hills rivals, Devenford," she says sophistically, "you know his father's a werewolf so..."

I interrupt her "He's a werewolf," I say disappointed, "wait. What makes you think I want to be captain?" she smiles as I question her. "And why is he trying out for the Beacon Hills?"

"Well, I over heard my dad say that Drake's father moved to Beacon Hills to help Scott and the pack find well... your parents." she says assuringly.

"Really?", I say interested in every word that pops out of her mouth. 

"Yea. Apparently Scott and your father, Stiles, helped Drake's dad and aunt escape from a dead pool.",  Ava indicates while gesturing towards Drake. Drake was cute with his brunette rebellious, slightly curled locks at the end. He was tall and his teeth glittered when he'd smile and when he did this, I found myself smile too. I remember seeing an old photo graph of his father and the pack. His father, Brett, on the other hand had blonde hair and buffer taste. So, Drake must've got the rich brown hair from his mother.