Chapter 29

"Can't you just heal him?" Chris snaps.

"Well I am just an Omega," Ava rolls her eyes and then gestures to Drake, who holds my hand softly, "and so is Drake."

"Then both try together?" Chris wonders. Ava sighs and then Drake releases my hand.

"We can try." Drake courageously says walking over to Scott's bedside.

Ava clenches Scott's right hand and Drake the left. I watch as black veins start to form from their necks to their hands. Ava winces in pain and I feel myself step forward and tell them to stop. But I don't. Drake looks like he's trying to let the pain flow over him, but I already notice his face turning red. Scott groans and moves slightly. I lean closer, hoping that he'll regain conscience. Suddenly, his eyes open with a bright searing red and he open his mouth, revealing sharp, flesh ripping teeth. He roars. The whole complex shakes, Ava is tossed onto the next bed and Drake against the wall, leaving a dent. Scott lifts himself up from the bed violently, then looks around. His eyes meet mine. But they aren't eyes of relief, there are eyes of anger. He rips himself off the bed and reaches for my throat, claws out. He doesn't dig them into my flesh but around my neck. I am pushed to the wall and one of his clawed hands are around my throat. The other thrown over his head, ready to slash at me. Ava, Drake, and Chris immediately act. Chris pulls out his shotgun sling from around his back, pointing it at Scott, and Drake and Ava transform.

I feel myself want to. Want to... Scream. "SCOTT!" The glass window to our room shatters and Ava, Drake, and Chris cup there ears. Scott, slowly lets go of me and steps backward, trying to figure out where he is. He turns around to Chris, who's pointing a gun straight at his face. Scott's eyes change back to normal and his claws retract. Chris has his hands resting on the trigger before a jump in front of him. Separating Scott from the gun. The gun is nearly touching my chest.

"Chris, wait," I say trying to get him to hear me out.I turn around, then stepping backward. I look at Scott in the eyes to finally see relief. Peace. Calm. "Scott," I say stepping towards him, "are you ok?"

He looks at me with guilt. "I-I?" Scott says while trying to look for the right words.

Noticing his struggle, I interrupt him, "It's ok," there is a long period of silence before I continue, "What happened to you? The pack?"

His expression churns to a scared shiver, "Well... When we received information about your parents being alive and in Mexico. Liam, Corey, Jordan, Derek, and I decided to leave Beacon Hills to find them," he pauses, wincing to his side, "we were led to La Puerta, but then learned it was a trap. A trap for you. Deasius wasn't all too happy when you didn't come with us. So, he held us in that bunker for days. No food. He tortured us, until one day. It was the day Hayden and Malia came to find us. I had told her if we were gone for more than a week, then we were captured. And she listened. But I wish she didn't. They were captured and tortured with the rest of us. When they became bored of our suffering, he decided to take us back with them, as prisoners. I don't how or why they left me behind, but it can't be anything good. Maybe it was because," he paused and then his face goes blank, "They knew that you were going to come for me." He turns towards to our entryway and then pitch-black smoke appears and then demons.

"Breachers!" Ava yells.

As if habit, I grab one of my kunai's and throw it at the first breacher we see. He cripples to the floor and disintegrates. Chris begins shooting his shotgun while Ava, Drake, and Scott shift into werewolves. Scott growls and charges at the next one in the doorway. Ava turns towards the window, to see that the are closing in on us. She jumps on one of them. Drake grabs a demon's neck and breaks it. I pull out my two hand Glocks and shoot them in a sync, flinching at the loud sound it makes. When I run out of bullets, I grab three kunai's and throw them at entering breachers. It hits one and before it disappears, I pull the kunai from it's left shoulder and throw it at another behind me. Chris gets annoyed with his shotgun when it runs out of bullets and throws it at a demon, the pulls out his knives. He holds them in a downward position and slashes their faces. My eyes are suddenly blinded by the peering sun from beyond the rain clouds. Rays fall into the room and the demons screech, falling back into the shadows. Like, cowards. But I am relieved because oddly the cut on my arm from the mysterious demon and the cliff from La Puerta, it uncontrollably burns. Beyond burning, acid almost. I moan and my arms bleed. I watch as my blood stains through my plaid flannel. The blood almost looks a little black. But the blood only turns that certain color when contacted with wolfsbane. And that only applies to werewolves. I lose my train of thought when I feel myself stumble and fall to the ground. On my way down, I try to grab a shelf but miss. When I hit the floor, my legs cramp up. All I see is Drake and Scott running over to me, Chris steps towards them, and Ava looks around Chris's shoulder to see me, passing out.