Chapter 5

I dream of my parents in a subway courter where my mother is resting my fathers hands as she whispers over and over again, "Allison." Waking up in my bedroom, Scott is sleeping in chair at my bedside and I get up from under my covers. He hears me and wakes up with a smile. I lift my shirt partly to see the wound is completely gone. 

"Did you heal me?" I say in wonderment towards Scott. He nods.

"How are doing?" he asks concerned.

"Fine. Just wondering." I say confused.

"Wondering what?" Scott says knowing exactly what I'm talking about.

"Am I banshee?", I say confused even though my mom is one, "I mean I know my mom's one but I remember her saying that it was a skip generation." Scott thinks long and hard, he realizes what I'm saying is something that needs to be thought about.

"I'm not sure yet." he says reassuringly.

"Scott?" I ponder.

"What?" he says attentively.

"For weeks now," I continue seriously, "i've been seeing my mother, Lydia. See says things like "find us" and "let the power of the banshee guide you"." There's a long pause as Scott thinks. "What do you think it means?"

"Well, Lydia, being a banshee, led us to things that helped," he continues with intent, " and if she says that the power you will guide you, listen." He seems so sure of myself and I don't if I could ever trust my gut as much as he does. 

Realizing, "How Drake? Is he..."

"He's fine," Scott interrupts, "his dad got to him in time to fight those things." I breathe again, I don't know what I would do if something happened to him. "What were you doing at Beacon Peak?" he says smirking.

"Oh, um," I hesitate blushing with my words remembering the kiss we shared, "we just talked." I say hoping the Scott bought the bluff.

"Really." he says questioning my words.

"Yea," I say again, " just sat and talked."

He eye balls me and being smart with me, "Did you forget something?"

I am caught off guard thinking of something that I could've forgot. Oh god. "My car."

"Don't worry, Ava drove it back to the house last night and then headed back home and told me that you were on a date." he says figuring me out.

"Oh did she say that."  I say innocently. 

It's silent until he breaks it, "Well I have microwave casserole waiting for you downstairs for breakfast." he leaves the room and closes the door. Finally alone and time to think. 

Walking to my bathroom I look in the mirror, brushing my short rich brown hair from all the tangles. My skin is pale with a little bit of freckles all over my face. Adjusting my red, white, and black flannel over a white t-shirt, I leave the bathroom to head downstairs. I sit down to see a nicely made casserole in front of my face. Darn. Scott wasn't kidding. Behind me he pulls a casserole out of the microwave and sits next to me at the table. It's awkwardly silent as I internal fight with myself trying to ask him a question that I can't quite get out of my mouth. "So," I say hesitantly, scared to continue and of what he might say.

"Yes?", he says probably wondering what I am about to say and why it's so hard to just tell him.

It's hopeless. I don't even bother, so I change the subject, "I got on the Lacrosse Team." I say with false excitement over mourning to ask him about what those things that attacked us last night.

I smile forms on his face as he finishes swallowing a piece of casserole, "That's great." I am glad that i've made him excited for me because he's been stressed with finding my parents for the past 7 years. He continue's, " I am proud of you," then he forms a frown, "your father should be the one to tell you that, not me." I feel sorry for him as he goes for another bite of casserole to hide his sad expression. 

"Scott. You've cared for me all these years and sacrificed so much for me running the pack, training Liam to be the next Alpha, and  you've never giving up on finding my parents." he lifts up his head to show me his face and I we share a smile. There's a long pause until I continue on a different topic, "I am the captain of the team you know?" He looks at me, proud. Then he shakes his head back into focus and looks to see the time.

"You should be heading to school." he says getting up from his chair and then grabs my plate, bringing it to the sink to wash it. I grab my backpack off the floor by the stairs and wave good bye as I disappear out the front door. My car sits in the drive way untouched and search for my keys in my pockets. Finding them I open the door, duck my head, sit inside and turn the key to start car up.