Chapter 6

It's been almost a month since the demon's first attacked, and the demon attacks have increased and growing. Not long ago we figured out the demons real name, some of our elders of our town call them "breachers". Lost souls that cross through breaches in space and time.  I've improved greatly with my Banshee powers and now know how to use it as a weapon like my mother. Being at school doesn't feel right because my pack is out there fighting, protecting Beacon Hills from the demons that took my parents 7 years ago. It's my free period and I hang with Ava and Drake on the bleachers studying for a SATs and watching the soccer team practice, when I suddenly get an urgent text from Malia asking if Drake, Ava, and I could meet at the creek by the bridge in the woods. We waist no time to get there and eager to do something for once to help. Drake and I are dating officially now, everyone knows and I am not ashamed to hide it. Drake's father, Brett, has officially joined Scott's pack and I am happy that Drake will stay in Beacon Hills for the time being. When we arrive at the creek everyone looks at me scared and concerned, they are all blocking my view of seeing the creek and I know their hiding something. Liam, Hayden, Malia, Jordan, Corey, Mason, and Scott move out of the way to reveal what looks like a whirlpool in the creek. Weird. The creek is downstream, there is no reason for it to stand still and spinning in circle to make a whirlpool.

"Do you know what this is?" he says seriously, but I can't quite figure out whether he's joking or not. 

"It's a whirlpool." I say confused on why he wouldn't I think I wouldn't recognize such an obvious thing.

Malia speaks up, "It's a breach," I listen intently and focused to this, "we followed I breacher to this and we have a way to manipulate it to take us to where ever we want." This is great, just stupendious. We could use it to go back and save my parents or I think that's why we are using it.

"What are we going to do with it?" I say interested.

"We are going to use it send you back to the time to the point when your parents are taken," Liam says with a serious tone, "you are not to engage with them, just figure out what happened to them that night." I nod in understand, I don't question but why me. Shouldn't it be someone else like Scott or Malia.

"Allison, come here," Scott says gesturing to come close, "if come by obstacles, just find the breach and come back immediately. Also, make sure you are not followed." I am serious now because I could get my parents back.

Hayden hands me a bag of things that I can use just in case the plan doesn't go the way we expect it, a hug Ava as hard as I can but she uses her wolf to almost break my spine. I going along a row of people now and I get to Scott. He's worried and I shed a tear as I hug harder than I hugged Ava. "Come back safely." He says ready for the worst. I can handle myself, I've almost mastered my banshee powers and learned how to use a bow and arrow, and well... i'm pretty good. 

Drake's next. I can't help but feel that what if I never make it back, back to him. Putting his hands on my cheeks, he embraces me with a kiss. I can tell that he doesn't want to let go. But I need to go, for my parents. "Stay safe Allison." he says with compassion.

"I will." I reply with assurance. Is it assurance or is it an act of suicide? Suddenly, we hear roars. 

"Breachers!" I hear Jordan yell from beyond my view. He emerges into a hellhound and fire, in waves, burns of his skin as he charges at the first visible breacher.

Then I hear Scott yell, "Go!" pointing into the direction of the breach. I feel the release that Drake as he lets go of my hand and jumps onto a breacher.

"Just go!" Ava yells as a breacher approaches her with out her knowing. I take quick action as I whip my slash of arrows over my shoulder grabbing an arrow and my bow to release it straight at the heart of the demon. I turn around and sprinting towards to breach dodging breachers and throwing my knives at their heads.

I watch them fall to the ground and at the corner of my eye I see Ava struggling to fight off a group of them less 10 feet away from me. I am making daring choice to risk my chance of getting my parents back or saving  Ava. I change direction from the breach to Ava and I am too late because I watch as Ava is stabbed and I  scream my banshee cries at the monster saying, "AVA!"  She's thrown at me and we fall into the breach together. The last thing I hear and see is Scott's voice and the breach closing in on us.