Chapter 66

The halls were torn. Dented locker doors spread the cracked floors. I could see that Ava and Reid were as terrified as I was at the crumbling sight of our beloved school. But yet with all that has happened, everyone continued on with their lives. I couldn't be prouder than my community. We all couldn't.

I became frustrated with the fact that my classmates and lower classman just stood there, going on with their lives as if nothing is wrong. Like no one is being hurt. But people are. My people.

My sense enlightened themselves. I could hear everything, see, smell everything. At the touch of the air that ran through my fingers, I felt passionate about the lovable sense of touch.

I could hear the gossip of social circles that crowded the hallways. People sounded mad, sad, happy, glad. The feels. The feels they had were uncanny. I could hear everything and it was funny because as I listened in on their conversations I had my own little opinion on what disagreement or wonderings they had in the all too easy lives.

I could see all the vibrant colors. I never realized how much people around had their own personal beauties. How they put specific and significant things on their keychains, every single freckle they had on their body. How they put a faint highlight in their hair hoping that no one would notice. But I did now. I was being opened up to endless possibilities.

Smell. Oh, the smells were outstanding. Some more than ever. Never knew someone could have so many oils in their salad or use white over wheat, vegan butter over regular. Never imagined how much I would learn about a person by just getting a whiff of them. And the odor. Strong both beautiful and wretched. I could tell exactly when they had taken their last shower. When they last ate, or where they had last been. It was exhilarating!

I felt powerful. My senses and my trailing gang of two and short of two made me strong. If I didn't stronger already. But I guess this all distracted me from the fact that by the minute of the deteriorating Nemeton, I was dying.

Suddenly, I felt myself stop in my own tracks as the twins came running around the corner. Panting themselves to me they put their hands on their knees to catch their own breaths.

"Hey did you hear about the new kids?" Eli blurt out.

"Yeah, yeah. Transferred from some academy out of the country." Peyton remarked.

Why to here I said to myself all while looking at people that came up and down the halls trying to see if I could manage to catch a glimpse of them off they had passed by.

"What!" Ava lunged forward awkwardly and concerned.

"Heard they all quadruplets." Peyton seemed excited to speak out.

Peyton and Eli began to push each other around trying to seem more excited about the situation.

"Yeah, so?" Reid snapped trying to seem uninterested.

"So, they also all play lacrosse," Eli said.

"Yeah, one of them I heard is a hottie and pretty damn good forward." Peyton cunningly managed to say before frantically turning towards my attention. " No offense Allison."

I shrugged it off but I felt a little standoffish to what these new siblings would oppose me and my place on the team and at school.

"What else do you know about them?" Ave eyed them on.

"All I know is that the moved into one of the houses on Beacon Cliff." Eli wondered on.

Reid was the first to point out, "Those are that houses that people with big money get."

"Yeah, and in case any of you were planning on becoming their first besties, someone beat you to it." Eli pouted.

Ava blurts out, "Who?!"

Both the twins looked towards me as they spoke out, "Drake," they seemed dangerously cautious on how they spoke out their next words, "and we think he has the hots for their eldest."

It was quiet as they all looked at me, waiting for how I would react to this.

With all the changes that have been happening to me, I could help but be angry. Super angry. And I had every right too.

"Allison, stop." Ava stood her ground exclaiming out to me.

Next to me was a handle to a locker that I ripped clean off and burned the metal.

"Are you alright?" Eli spoke scared and could not believe his eyes of what just happened before his eyes.

Losing control, I ignored the calls of my friends as I push through them and started down the hall to what looked like a group of people that surrounded Drake.

I gritted my teeth as I analyzed how they laugh with him. Drake. I so thought to be a loyal boyfriend.

Behind I could feel Ava, pardoning herself for trying to get through the people and reaching out to pull me back from something that I would regret later she screamed out as her hand burned at the touch of my shoulder.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Reid grab Ava hand to analyze and then look back to me with concern. I didn't care. My fury was filled with the rage of the thought of Drake cheating on me. I didn't stop to think of how this could be false rumors.

With my enhanced hearing, I heard Reid whisper to Ava that he will handle the situation. Could he?! How could he?! I felt my clouded judgment engulf me as I power to charge my way through the rude and careless bitches that crowded that hallway. Drake. That little... The nerve of... I-I could stand it. I-I couldn't!

Then I felt myself reach out for this perfect girl that everyone seems to adore. The one how greedily stole my boyfriend's heart away from me. My lip curled in a jealous rage.

Swinging her shoulder around where I could face that heartless...

My heart sank as I saw Drake kiss her on the top of her hand and all too familiar necklace around her neck.

She was surrounding to what seemed to be her three brothers, all with that same distinct necklace.

I felt myself being pulled away from them and shoved into a deserted classroom. I didn't say a word as sat down in thought.

Reid and Ava seemed to be talking to me but that was all faded from me.

All I could think about was the necklaces.

The necklaces from my dream.