Chapter 30

It's dark and fire surrounds me. My face starts dripping sweat and I hear screams. I find an opening in the fire and cross. My eyes trace the walls, to see drawings. Drawings of suffering and torture. Where am I? Soon the screams start blazing in my ears and I reach to cover them. Before my hands touch my ears, feel blood. I look at my hands and see it covered with it. I look around the room trying to find an explanation and then look up. There are dead decapitated bodies hanging from chains on the ceiling. On of them stared at me, lifeless and no eyes.

"Allison," someone whispers from down a corridor of bloody, fired walls. It repeats 'Allison' over and over as I grow closer to it. It's not till I reach the last door is it that I finally hear it clear.

The voice almost sounds like, "Mom?" I say opening the rusted door. I see her in a corner with shackles around her wrists. Her throat has a single slash. It bleeds onto her shirt and the ground. I instantly run over to her and drop to her knees. I rip part of my shirt and wipe the blood dripping from her forehead, that blends in with her copper red hair drooping down her face with a streak of crusted scarlet blood, "Mom, I-I"

She sheds a tear and lifts my chin to meet her hazel eyes. "My baby girl," I wince in emotional.

"I miss you so much," I sniff as I shed tears. Suddenly I am caught off guard as we heard marching footsteps from outside the door and down the hallway.

"You need to go." she whispers to me , her eyes welling up with tears.

"I can't leave you," I say feeling all my emotions flood to my face all at once.

"Allison," she says clearing her expression of fear up, "You can't do anything, you aren't really here."

"What?" I say confused then waking up with a gasp of breath. I realize that I am in Mexico in an apartment building. Ava stands over, dabbing at my scrap on my arm with a white cloth.

"Your finally awake." she says with a smile.

"What happened? How long was I out?" I say as she tries to process my panicking words.

"Chill, Allison," she says throwing her hands up, "You were only out for 4 days." she says seriously.

"What?!" I say stirring around in the bed that I have my head propped up on.

"I'm kidding," she humorously says giggling, as I glare her, "and your wound came in contact with wolfsbane and had an effect on you."

"Wait, doesn't that only apply to werewolves?" I say concerned and getting to a sitting position as Ava wraps a bandage around my left arm.

"Yea," she looks to the front door of the room where Chris, Drake, and Scott are talking about something, "that's what there trying to figure out right now." I instantly want to get off the bed and tell Scott about my dream, but Ava holds me down. "Wait, Allison, let me finish this up." She ties the last bandage, opens her hand up to mine to pull me off the bed. We both walk over to their conversation. When the boys finally notice us, Scott turns to me with a stern face and squints at me, examining.

"How could wolfsbane have an effect on her," Chris says whispering to Scott.

Scott doesn't answer but acts quickly to resolve the unknown problem. "Allison, may I?" he says gesturing to his eyes. I nod. He then blinks once to reveal his red alpha eyes to see my true form. His eyes widen, surprised.

"What," I say stepping towards him, "Scott?"

"I'm not sure," he says staring and squinting at me, "But I know where we can get some answers." He lifts his eyebrow.

"Where?" Ava says entering the conversation. It takes a long moment till Scott decides to reveal what he's going to do.

"We are going back to Beacon Hills." as he says this, Chris leans on the wall unsure.

Ava says something under her breath but I can't quiet make it out. There is another long silence as everyone in the room trys to process and work up a plan to get the pack back. I cross my arms, annoyed. Annoyed that, so far, nethier of us can do anyhting to save the pack. It just kills me that I can be so helpless, delicate, and vulnerable. I want to be better than this. Someone who can always fix every problem that crosses us. But no. There always a catch being the weakest in the pack. I grit my teeth while think so selfishly of myself. Suddenly I warm hand grabs my shoulder, soft and gentle. It turns me around towards to the bathroom. We enter, and close the door behind us. I whip around to the door to see Drake. Standing with a concerned smile.

"What." I snap, feeling pity for my distinctive vulnerablity.

"Nothing," he says stepping toward me slowly, reaching for my cheek, "you just seem tense." I swat his hand away and jerk toward the bathroom mirror. I stare at myself, and then look away, disguisted.

"Allison," he says creeping behind me and then resting his chin on my shoulder romantically. I don't answer him, as I pull out my bloody kunais from out of my boots. I throw them into the sink, and turn the water on. Before I can clean, which is what I do when I am tense, Drake shuts the water off.

I turn around violently, "Hey--," my words are interrupted when Drake embraces me with a kiss. I want to pull away, tell them I can handle my own problems. Instead feel myself want more. I feel Drake's hands shift from neck to my back. He instantly swings me up onto the wet counter, and I lean onto the mirror, creating smears. My hands pull his head closer to mine. Suddenly, we stop when we hear a knock on the door, Drake pulls away from me to open the door. I instantly hop off the counter and straighten my shirt. It's Ava, who smiles sinisterly.

"Am I interrupting something?" she says smirking.

"Well..." Drake speaks up blushing, before I interrupt him.

"It's fine," the moments the words leave myself, I immediately regret the stiffness and guilty of the deed, "What do you need?"

She stares at us, admiring, then snaps herself back when I glare at her, "Were leaving. Leaving to go back home."

"Okay. We will be right out." Drake says calm and innocently. Ava smirks and slams the door shut. Drake looks back to me and smiles. The smile that makes me smile, from the first time I say him when we were freshmen. I blush and hide my curiously wandering eyes. Suddenly, I forget why I was mad with myself, everything just seems so perfect, so still, so right with him.