Chapter 14

Chimeras. This can't be good. Then that means that the boy sitting in the chair that talking to Scott was Theo Raeken.

"Theo Raeken. How could they be associating with Theo" Ava angrily says, " he caused my parents a lot of pain and heartbreak to my parents." Ava wears a look, looking like she wants to find Theo and rip him to shreds. It scares me but she's not the only one. 

"Allison, what are we going to do about this." she continues to regain sanity, "h-he's a murderer and they think that they can trust him." 

"Not everyone." I look to Stiles smirking. Then hearing the screeching of their chairs, Scott and Stiles are the only ones to get up and head out the library well everyone else stays. We continue to follow them from far away.

"Where are they going?" Ava questions.

" I am not sure," I answer, "Maybe there just going to their next class?" 

As we continue to follow them, we notice that we are going in circles. So something has to be up. But what? I look away for one second and there gone. "Ava, where'd they'd go?" I say worried. But she no clue.  

I jump as I feel a hand fall upon my shoulder. Turning around to see a boy with ginger hair and green eyes looking at me crazy. "Hey, what's a beautiful girl like you doing in a school like this. I haven't really seen you around these parts."

He's clearly drunk or something and harasses me. Reaching to grab me by the waist and pull me close. I feel an anger boil up inside of me and as if reflex, I grab his arm twisting it behind back. 

"Beat it, freshman." I hear an older kid say from behind me. The ginger boy releases my waist and I release my grip on his arm to see my father behind me. Scott is right behind him and Stiles wears a concerned face. 

"I can handle myself." I imply even though I am more than thankful. 

"Sorry, that's her way of saying thank you." Ava rudely replies with gratitude.

Totally ignoring what I said Scott implies, "Were you two following us?"

There is a long pause between us as I see Stiles and Scott exchange looks. "Y'know you don't need to secretly follow us?" Stiles argues. I stare at the floor ignoring him. 

"After school, you guys need to tell us why you came back to our time," Scott pauses, "But in the mean time lay low and don't cause any trouble." He implies this to me, eye-balling. Ava and I watch as they disappear around the corner.

"So what are we going to do first?" Ava says humorously smirking.

We walk down a long corridor, looking into classrooms until I class catches my eye, "Ava, come check this out." She runs over to the door window that I am looking through to notice her father to sitting but avoiding to sit next to her mother, Hayden. We listen in.

"Take your seats, everyone." their history teacher says.

"Oh! Great." Liam says when he sees that he has to sit next to Hayden for the whole year.

"Liam." Mr. Yukimura questions, "You're not gonna just stand there, are you?"

" Maybe." Liam hesitates.

"The whole semester?" Mr. Yukimura implies.

"Maybe." Liam hesitantly repeats.

"Liam, have a seat.", the teacher demands as Liam does so as Hayden glares at him blowing a bubble from her gum, "All right, welcome to History 103." We notice Liam feel something from under him and lifts himself up to see gum beneath him stuck to his pants. Hayden and Liam are now exchanging glares and scowls to each other.

Ava and I pull away from the window giggling. "What even got between them?" I humorously say towards Ava's excited face.

We hear the passing bell ring and I watch Ava follow her parents scolding at each either into the hallways to see that they are locker neighbors. Ava, going at her stalking skills, listens in.

"Nice shorts,"  Hayden says teasing him.

"Yeah, thanks" Liam bums out, "you know, I was wondering if you were still pissed off about the sixth grade, but I guess you cleared that up."

"I'm not pissed off, Liam," Hayden innocently smirks, "I'm vengeful."

Oh dang, never that Liam and Hayden ever spoke to each other. Back in our time period, they were always in sync and agreed with each other, or I think. Only Ava would know the answer to the informational question, but she seems occupied with following her parents every 'spit up' fight. 

"Hey, Ava. Let's go. " I say hating to have to force her to leave her parents lives unstalked. I wonder what everyone at our time is thinking now. Are they worry about us? Do they mourn and think that we are stuck and will never come home? Or do they even know? I realize that time can  have its tolls. "Sorry, to break your family reniun from the past but we need to figure out a way to back to your family in the future." she saddens but bring herself to believe that I am right and this isn't the place we should be in.