Chapter 38

I assigned myself a list of things I need to do today because I know that have nothing better to do. I figured it might get my mind over figuring what I really am and what I am really capable of doing. I also chose not to Scott anything yet until I really know what I am for sure. Decided that I would help Scott out and re-stock our fridge. Most of the food is extremely ready to be thrown out. I also noted that I need to stop by the hospital and help out Melissa with a suicide body that doesn't seem right to her. She called me yesterday and after she finished her shift we could go out for lunch. In 2 days the full moon comes out and I chose to just relax and hang out with friends and family before I have to become stressed once again and save them with Ava, Scott, Noah, and Drake.

Melissa doesn't live with us anymore because shortly after my parent's disappearance and Scott took me in. She started to date again, decided that life can sometimes be too short, so she moved in with her boyfriend. Although she regrets leaving Scott alone to raise me, she thought that Scott was old enough to manage his own life. She still helps him out with paying the bills till I can help him out by getting a job. Scott took over the Animal Clinic when Deaton went away and Scott has been paid fair by the city and his clients. But I have mostly have had to take care of the memorable place when Scott has "pack problems".

I decide to take my car to the store. So far it's been a very peaceful morning. So I try to wrap the airans up. When I finally finish re-stocking the fridge and shoving the old food into a trash bag. I head for the hospital. I try not to press on the gas too hard to enjoy the beautiful sight. A sight of unharmed Beacon Hills. Untouched and resting peacefully. No supernatural problems or strange occurrences. Just quiet, gorgeous town of trees and people. Maybe one day Beacon Hill may burn to the ground and wiped clean from the map. But today will not be that day.

As my car approaches the hospital parking lot, I notice Melissa waiting outside the front doors, sitting on a wooden bench. A tree hangs over her, while leaves fall all around. When she finally notices me through my front tinted windshield. She stands up and waves, smiling. I swing the car around to her feet and roll down the shotgun window.

"Allison," Melissa exclaims, "Thanks so much for stopping by to help."

"No problem," I smile back at her, "glad I can be able to help."

I immediately parked my car and enter the hospital double doors beside Melissa. She looks as if she hasn't slept in a while, probably because she has been doing night shifts in the hospital.

"Ok, so we have a patient who strangled himself with TV wires hanging from his 2 story staircase," Melissa says as she directs me into the morge. Melissa then goes to the back of the room to pull a body door. There's a tall, scrawny man with cuts and bruises on his throat. "the police assumed it was suicide. I think it was actually a..."

"murder." I interrupt with the first thing that popped into my head. Could Reid still be in town? Did he do this? I have so many unanswered questions for him. Questions that could help me figure this all out.

We spent a few more hours at the hospital till her shift was over around 2pm. Then we headed somewhere for a late lunch.

"So," Melissa says as I notice her eyes watch me pick up my hamburger in front of me, "heard you guys went to Mexico, to look for your well, parents."

I instantly stop bringing the hamburger to my lips and then gently set it down in my basket full of garlic fries. " Oh yeah. I ran into Chris Argent. He helped me find Scott."

Melissa dips her fry into her barbecue sauce and flinches at the word 'Chris'. "Chris Argent?" she hesitates and swallows, "I thought he was dead?" She seems to curse at herself for saying such words but she commits.

"Apparently, he had survived. Still trying to figure out why but he's alive. Right?" I say unsure with myself. Melissa bites on her lip nervously. After a long period of silence, I suddenly shake myself to change the conversation. Better to bring up how her relationship with her boyfriend, Mike is. "So how's Mike?"

"He's doing fine. Just got promoted at the department." Melissa says relieved.

"Oh really. What position?" I say interested.

"Corporal." She reacts quickly proud.

"Wow. Deputy to Corporal. Big step huh?" I wonder.

"Yeah." Melissa sighs miserably enough for me to notice.

"What's wrong?"I perturb.

"It's just, Mike hasn't been home a lot and with the promotion. Well, the hours will just keep piling up." she sorrows, "But otherwise. He's a good man." I smile. I instantly wipe my face with my napkin for the loss time and my I hear my phone ring. Melissa turns her attention to me and gestures her head to my pocket. I lift myself off the seat and pull my phone out. It reads: 'Drake'. It's been a while since he's talked to me directly. I'm glad.

"Hey, what's up," I answer.

"Allison. Where are you?" Drake replies.

"What do you mean?" I respond.

"Better come to the clinic." he says concerned.

"Okay, on my way." I end the call and forcefully set my phone face down on the wooden table. Standing up I pull my napkin off the table, then exchanging positions with my phone on the table.

"Is there something wrong?" Melissa questions and stands up from her seat.

"I'm not sure. Something's up at the clinic." I utter.

"Can I help?" Melissa wonders.