Chapter 34

I look around the field for Reid. Suddenly a girl in the bleacher's stands up and screams points toward midfield. I whip my head around to see one of our midfielders has dropped to the ground. All of the sudden everyone goes into a panic as people in the stands clear up to reveal some impaled on the bleachers. People are all dying around me. Soon, Devenport preps goalie drops to the ground. I count in my head. Devenport midfielder. Beacon midfielder. Devenport goalie. Beacon go--. Ava. I look to the direction of Ava but I see the goal because of people who run in panic across the field. I try to push through the panicked crowd. But it seems with every step, I have been pushed farther away from the goal.

"Ava!" I yell. I see her finally and she stands still looking around, trying to figure out what is going on. I break into a sprint toward her, pushing people out of my way. I am only 5 feet away from her when I jump, knocking her to the ground. When we land on the grass, just inches away from me, the grass spikes. Someone was about the shoot her. I quickly shuffle through the grass for the bullet. My fingers finally reach something cold. I realize it's not a bullet. It can't be a bullet because the shot would've made a very loud noise. I have never seen ammo like this before. I hear footsteps approach from behind me. Then I hear a retractable knife. Then I meet Ava's eyes, which have turned yellow, staring not at me. But's whatever is behind me. I whip around fast. I knife slashes to me and before I can grab an arm. It's the defender from Devenport. His eyes pitch black. I twist his arm and trip him to the floor. He materializes back up and Ava darts up to her feet. Her claws pull out and she jumps out at him. He grabs her arm and then before I can break his grip on her. He grabs my arm. I try to use my other arm to grab my kunai from my cleat. In a panic, I look around for any possible help. I notice Scott charge to our position. My face lights up as he grows sideburns then claws and teeth. His eyes glowing a searing red. Noah's claws grow out and teeth, his eyes turning a golden yellow. Chris is already loading his shotgun. Then I look towards the other side of the field and Drake emerges from the growing fog. He's already transformed with claws, teeth, and yellow eyes. He growls. We aren't making a scene because the whole field has cleared beside the dead bodies of both Devenport and Beacon Hills students. I finally reach kunai when I use the back of it the hammer the defender in the jaw, causing him to let go of Ava and I and drop to the ground. What it this thing? A demon? Werewolf? I am too caught with my thoughts when I notice the ground start to shake. He's a Druid. Or a dark Druid. Darach.

The Darach materializes to his feet again and meets attention with Scott, who jumps out at him. the darach grabs Scott and throughs him over his head and onto the ground. Next, Noah approaches and tries a different tactic than Scott. He sprints onto the field, growling. And once he's close enough the attack. Noah slide tackles the Darach, slashing at his ankles. Then, I watch as Drake takes long strides from the midfield and jumps out at the darach. The darach grabs Drake's neck and chokes him and lifts him high enough, that he can't touch the ground. Chris power walks towards it cocking and shooting his shotgun in pairs. I notice the darach get annoyed and then stomping on the ground. The earth lifts up from Chris's feet, sending him flying to the bleachers. Then I pull off my jersey to reveal my pads and lacrosse tackle protectors with a slash carrying knives. Never leave home without it. I whip out my knives and send them in the darach's directing. Keeping a constant rate of fire. Seeing that my knives aren't doing any damage I form fists and charge at the darach, punching him straight across the face. He let's go of Drake and steps back. Enough to notice more things materializing. Breachers. But how? The door to hell closed. I realize that the defender is not just a darach but both a darach and breacher. Explain his ability to materialize in any way he wants.

"Breachers." Ava curses from right next to me. I feel a sudden whiff of fury burn in me. By this time my pack has regrouped and stood head to head with the darach- breachers. Ava, Scott, and Noah to my lining on my right and Drake then Chris, who wipe the dripping blood from his nose. Scott's roar signals our standoff to start. Scott takes on the darach. Drake lashes out to a breacher in front of him. Ava does the same, but with Noah. Chris starts shooting from a distance from the fight and I approach a breacher who actually choose to fight me over the rest of the pack. I recognize this breacher. It's the breacher from Mexico. The one I had recognized from somewhere. It takes me a moment before I can recognize the demon the chooses to threaten me with a bloodshed fight. His black hair giving off a pitch black cloud. He wears a torn, scorched Beacon Hills jersey. His eyes morph from a rich mixed hazel to dark merciless black. He grows sharp, tearing teeth and some sort of native symbol tattoos across his face, neck, and arms. His skin pale and sickly. His hand drenched in blood like he just murdered someone. He starts faster towards me and I can notice the power anywhere. But it's not Deasius. He's larger and more intimidiating. But he sure as heck looks relating. Resembling enough to like he's Deasius's son. My eyes widen as the man approaching, ready to kill me is... Reid.