Chapter 3

Is this what love felt like because I liked every about it. The warm cozy feeling flustered from all over your face or is it the nervous feeling you get like butterflies in your stomach. 

"Come on, you weirdo, time to get in line.", hearing her voice snaps me out of my trance and I bring myself to focus on getting a spot on the team.

I'm next. My cleats twist in the dirt and my hand clenches the shaft of my stick, waiting for the ball to be passed to me. I hear Coach's whistle and I already feel my self already cutting towards to the defenders 10 yards in front of me. Once, I feel the weight of the ball in the mesh of my pocket, I cradle it sprinting to the two decently tall boys who guard from Ava playing goalie. No one has scored on her yet and she's a natural at it. I plan to break that streak of hers. Juking out the boys with slick reflexes that i've been learning since I was 10. My feet tuck in as jump and turn my way  through the opening between the defenders. I dodge the sticks as a pass and see Ava's determined eyes clearly enough now. Planting my left foot in front of myself with my right straying behind me for balance and I inhale ripping my stick through the air  from over my head with all my strength and exhale. I could hear the ball whistle as it traveled to the goal 5 yards away from me. Ava reflexes are kicking in as she moves her pocket to where she predicts the ball will enter the goal but she is to slow and by now the ball is being caught in the back of the goal. I scored and I cool sensation flows over me. As Ava looks behind her to see the ball in the net, I take whip my helmet of my head smiling, to see Drake smiling  right back at me. 

"Stilinski," I hear from the benches on the side of field from Coach Finstock, "come here!", he's glancing at me and the goal over and over as jog over to him.

"Yes, coach?" I say with a whiff of nervous and excitement spreading over me like a disease. I bite my lip to stop from saying anything to make a fool of myself.

" Where the heck did you learn that move from?" he wore a confused face and I answered with a short, thorough answer.

"I learned it from your old player, Scott McCall.", my heart pounds nervously. What is he going to say?  What is going to do?

"What's your favorite number?" he replies with a hint. I am not that dumb to know that I definitely got on the team. I am so excited that I almost forgot to answer his question. 

I have never thought of what my favorite number would be but the only thing I could think that would fit is, "24," I reply, " It was my father's."  He nods in agreement. 

Ava runs over to me whipping off her helmet with open arms, "Hey you-you, wow! You broke sound with that ball." I blush a little because I don't like to brag. 

"Hey Allison, right?", a unknown but familiar voice that comes from behind me. My heart drops as I read Ava's blank expression staring at the person from behind. Turning around, I see Drake standing in front me and he's even more good-looking up close. "You were great out there." my heart drops even farther hearing this from him but I try not to show it because werewolves can smell fear.

"Me? Oh, you did way better by far.", I say trying to impress him with how humble I can be. He smiles which, again, makes me smile. 

"I'll just leave you too together so, that I can ask coach when the try out results are going to be posted.", Ava obviously gestures a thumbs up to me which leaves angry but grateful to her. 

"So...", we say at the exact same time, laughing, while scratching our heads in embarrassment. "Oh sorry you go first.", I apologize.

"No, I insist. You go first.", he politely argues.

I don't argue but I hesitate to tell him what I need to say, "Your dad knew Scott and my dad?" he nods with a beautiful slight smile.

"Yea, it's the reason we moved to Beacon Hills. At first, I didn't wanna come." he says with sorrow that makes me frown and bite on my lower lip.

Then I re think his words, "At first?" I so confused on what made this move a good thing because I would know, Beacon Hills isn't exactly a normal town.

"Seeing you made wanna try to enjoy the move," I blush as he says this, then breaking my in wonderment, "hey after we get the results, do you wanna take a walk in the woods so I can learn a little about yourself." he says with scared feeling that rushes over his face thinking that I might say no. There was no way I was going to say no to this kind-hearted face of his.

"Like a date," the moment I say this I regret every foolish word that came out of my stupid mouth, but as I read his face he looks embarrassed, oh he wants to go on a date, "I'd love too!" He looks relieved, but probably not as relieved as I am to see that he would want to go on a date with a orphaned girl like myself.