Chapter 21

I wait silently in my room for Stiles to call me, but he doesn't. Ava sits on the bed next to me examining the wounds she got from Lucas. It's quiet. I'm worried because Stiles would never forget to call me. Would he? How the heck should I know? I just met him three days ago after 7 years of waiting. So, I probably wouldn't know what the feeling of your dad calling urgently calling is like. I sigh every once in a while as I check my phone constant. I know Ava notices but she knows I don't her to say anything about it. I try to dial him again, I hear it ring, ring, and then voicemail, again.

 Leaving a voicemail, I say worried, "Hey, dad. It's Allison. I was just wondering where you are? I hope everything's okay. Please, call me back soon." I ended biting my lip nervously. 

I almost want to call again, when Ava stops me, assuring, "He's fine," she calmly responds without worry. "His phone probably died. He could be even here now." Really? I think to myself as I get up from off the bed and open the bedroom door to head for the living room. He's not there. Kira went home. Scott clarifying things with Melissa at the hospital. But Liam's here. 

"Hey, dad," Ava says excitedly running over to him and sitting next to him on the couch. 

"Ok," he says annoyed, "Ava, it's weird for you to call me, well. Dad." Ava forms a confused innocent face. "Just call me Liam, and then in 8 years or so, you can go back to calling me," he hesitantly humors, "Dad."

"Ok, Liam," Ava says winking weirdly at him, and he then rolls his eyes smiling, amused. 

"Liam," I wonder and then he directs his attention to me, "Do you know where my da..." I stop myself and continue, "Stiles is?" 

He shrugs, responding, "Sorry, no."  I sigh to this and then my phone rings. Its. Scott.

I answer, "Hey what's up?"

"There was a break-in at the Clinic," he says urgently, "And Tracy's body is missing." Shoot. Who could be taking the bodies? "I tried to reach your dad, but he didn't pick up. But I'll try again." 

"Okay. See you soon." he ends the call and explain everything to Liam and Ava.

It's the morning now and the light shines brightly on my face through the windows. I try to block the sun as I get out of the bed. Standing up, I walk over to Ava on the floor and nudge her awake.

"Ava," I say quietly as she moans to use her pillow to block the beating heat of the sun, "wake up. We are going home today." She instantly gets to her feet, vigilant, ready to go home. I am just as excited besides the fact that I failed to accomplish the reason why I went back in time. To find out what happened to my parents. I walk over to a vanity shelf and grab my phone to see texts from Malia. Its says that Lydia, my mother, is well and going to come help find a breach in the morning before school starts. A thrill coursed through me and I back all my stuff into my back and change into loose jeans, gray shirt, my special boots with a side of kunai's tucked away in my socks, and my hair in a high ponytail. I don't forget to grab my bow and arrows off a shelf and I swing them across my shoulders. Ava wears her hair in a messy low bun draping down her neck and where shorts and a ripped long sleeved shirt turned into a tank top with a hoodie over it. I watch as she sneaks Advil in her back pockets, ashamed for no reason as I hand her my backpack and she puts it on. We walk out the doors and Scott, Malia, Kira, Liam, Lydia, and Stiles who oddly keeps wincing to  his shoulder.

"Okay, you two ready?" Scott asks. I give him a thumbs up and we start to head to Stiles car outside and piling in. I sit shotgun because I have to direct him to where Ava and I entered this timeline. 

When I recognize the side of the road that Jordan found us at I say, pointing to the spot "Here."  He pulls over and everyone gets out then we all head out and 'into the woods' with me leading. We all spread out as we get deeper hoping that we will cover more ground and find one faster. I am paired with my father, Scott with Kira, Liam with Ava, and Malia with Lydia. The silence of our searching gives me a time to get an explanation about last night.

"Da..." I stop myself, too awkward, too awkward, "Stiles?"

"Yes." he says curiously.

"What happened," I try to avoid asking, "to your shoulder?" Shoot. Great job Allison. You just made this search even more awkward than it needs to be. He's probably going to get all defensive. Stay calm, stay calm.

"What are you talk about?!" he says getting defensive but I try to stay calm.

"Dad," I admit my anxiety to say that, "the ability to notice when someone is hiding something runs in the family." We both blush, "Plus, you keep wincing." I say with humor. I continue, "Does it have anything to do with Donovan?"

He knows that I know everything, but he still wonders, "How?"

"You'll still have the scar when you are 32," I laugh but he doesn't, "What's wrong?"

"I-I," he stumbles over his words, "What will Scott think of me?"

He's clearly sad and I try my best to comfort, "He'll forgive you, trust me."  I smile and he smiles back. This is the moment I waited since I was 9 years, to see my father's smile once again. I cry a little but try to hide it as best as I can. 

Then I hear my dad's phone ring from his back pocket. He looks at then looks to me smiling and saying, "The found a breacher."