Chapter 67

Slumping myself over the closest desk. I panted myself to calm down. What was wrong with me? When I saw him with that other girl I w-was... Drake. That dick!

"Allison?" a kind-hearted voice spoke out behind me. 

I could barely make out the words as voices sheered their way into my head. I became disorientated as I stumbled around to turn to my friends. I could faintly see as one of them reached out to steady me. 

"No!" I angrily swiped away their hand, my voice softened, "Please. I will burn you."

It was quiet. My vision began to blur into a blood orange. Not accepting my pleads to stay back and away from me, someone reached out to me. 

I stepped back and turned away from everyone. I shuddered as the soft and kind hands grasped my shoulders. I felt... safe. My whole body began to calm down and the heat too. My eyesight returned and I cautiously turned to my salvation. 

Reid. He gave a warm smile as he reached to my cheek to stroke it.

"I don't care," he said implying that he wasn't afraid of me. Of the monster, I was becoming.

Suddenly, the classroom door creaked open as Drake pored himself through. Reid backed away out of a threat to Drake.

 I gave myself one glimpse before I forced myself to turn away. I couldn't possibly convince myself to look him.

I could feel Drake reach out to me. I could feel his longing for me and all I wanted to do was lay my cheek on his soft and gentle hands but those hands turned into knives that would stab me in the back.

He opened his mouth but closed at the sight of my distressed face. Drake knew there was nothing he could say or do that would fix this. He betrayed me and that was it.

"How could you do that?" I spoke out to him still hiding my face from his. I couldn't look at him because I did not want to give him mercy due to my own self-beginning to move past the hate and toward his handsome. That handsome face and pearl white smile. Oh, he made my blood boil up into a gentle blush. Our love was peaceful maybe I could forget... NO! I could not do that to myself and grant him the forgiveness he believes himself to deserve.

"Allison, I am so sorry. I didn't know you were watching. I-I please..." he tone changed from a beg to confident, "let's just forget this, okay?"

How could he? He thinks that he could manipulate me into making things go back to normal. To forget him kissing another girl behind my back.

"No."

His eyes widen in a sinister gnarl. He bit his lower lip clearly embarrassed by the situation in front of Reid and Ava. Drake's eyes searched the room at the faces that stared back. He giggled and reached for my cheek, seducing me.

"Oh, babe. It's no big deal. She means nothing. I love you, y-you know that right." he said giving me a smile that I could help but turn in my own mind into a fake bitch.

I smiled back at him to give him one last piece of satisfaction. Once he saw my smile he believed that he had won. But I wasn't done. He had a lot more coming.

"Oh, stuff it, Drake!"

His smile faded and turned into an angry frown.

"Allison... You do not understand."

"How long?"

"What do you mean?"

There was an awful dead silence in the room. Drake looked at me as if he was hurt. But really I was more hurt than him.

"I mean... HOW LONG?!"

He stepped back in fear. I noticed in the mirror behind him that my eyes began to glow a searing blood orange.

He held his cover that he did not know what I meant but he soon began to give up the act.

"Since my dad first disappeared," Drake remarked, "I met her when I was looking for him, she helped me. You don't understand. With her, I was able to find my dad! You understand, right?"

"Drake. That was 4 weeks ago." my voice stood at a soft tone then fired up into an ear-splitting rage, "4 WEEKS. And you didn't think to tell me! I feel so stupid." I shook my head in disappointment.

"No. Babe, your not stupid. I was a fool!"

"Drake, we are over."

His eyes soften and for a second, I saw the man I once loyally loved. The man who comforted and connected with me on the anniversary of my parent's disappearance. The man who protected me and risked his own life to keep me safe from my enemies. And stood by me through the hardest times.

"Allison," Drake studdered, "a-a-are you breaking up with me?"

The room became unnaturally still as our eyes locked. Hoping that our past selves would keep a hold on one another. To keep our young love alive. The next word I would say would ripple into the future. What was I to do? I knew what I was going to do. But I didn't like it. It was the thing that held me back from finding my parents my entire life. The thing that stopped me from becoming more.

I couldn't let go.

I couldn't let go of the past, of Drake, of my parents. I couldn't let go of my human nature and embrace the Pheonix. The creature inside of me that was the key to defeating the demons and of saving Beacon Hills.

"Yes, I am"