Chapter 47

When I exited the breach, I felt myself slide across the floor. The floor squeaked and was glossy white. I got to my feet and the whole room I was in was so shiny. It reflected off itself. Suddenly, I turn around to see the breach close behind me. Examining the room, I notice that I missing my kunai. Then looking towards where I came, it laid on the ground. Must've fell out of my hand when I entered. Picking the kunai up from the ground, a tear falls on it. In curiosity, I feel under my eye. I was crying. But I'm not sad. Ignoring what just happened, I move on. My bow was latched to my quiver on my back. The room was just so clean. If I would look up to the ceiling I would be blinded by the bright lights. Shielding my eyes, I examine the known large room. It was the size of a football field.

Hearing a crash from behind me, I stared down the large room and 80 yards away from me, I see someone fly out of a breach and then the breach close on them. They are too far away for me to identify them and just like me, the slid across the floor, making a squeaking noise. I was a sprinted towards them, I noticed it was Ava. She got to her feet and brushed herself off. She looked and met eyes with me.

"Allison!" She screamed and pointed behind me.

I turned around and a demon stood before me. While keeping my eyes locked on the breacher, I could hear Ava boots sprinting behind me. When it tried to slash at my face, I ducked and slit the demons core. It froze and then collapse to the floor and materialized. But when it fell, it revealed several more behind it. I performed a roadhouse kick to one of their sides when Ava finally jumped in to slash the following demon. Side by side, Ava and I were fighting the growing numbers of demons.

"They just keep coming!" Ava angerly yelled over the grunts of demons and ourselves.

Then out of the corner of my ear, I heard a bullet fly right next to my ear and hit a demon in front of me. I jerked my head around to see Chris and Braeden shooting and cocking their shotguns. I smiled and continued to fight.

Then I heard a roar come from the far side of the room, I wanted to the demons made a clear path to see Scott transformed with Noah and Drake behind him. Sprinting towards a demon and kneeing it in the face. I knock to the ground, and zooming by, I pull my kunai out of its chest.

Suddenly, next to me out of the crowd, Mason appears and uses his gun to shoot the demons.

My eye narrow to see a familiar figured emerge from the crowd of demons.

Reid.

Out of anger, I charge at him and pull out my bow and a silver head arrow. Pulling the arrow out of my quiver, over my head, and hook on the string. I pulled back to aim it Reid's sinister face. I grit my teeth stop me from lashing out at him and let go. It spun in the air before it contacted him. However, I watched as he pulled out a black katana and split the arrow in half. The katana gave off black mist in color scheme with his whole body. His eyes then turning a pitch lifeless black, he picks up his speed at me. Tucking my bow back into my quiver and pulling out my kunai. Three for each hand. I am the first to strike. I lash out for his head. But he dodges and slashes his katana for the wound he gave me at the game. I also dodge it. Then catching him off guard, I slash across his cheek. But instead of bleeding a black ooze like a normal demon would, it was red. Red like human blood. He stumbled backward and wiped the red blood off his cheek. When he saw his hand full of red blood, he looked as surprised as I was.

Suddenly as if wasn't immortal anymore, his legs gave up.

He fell onto the ground, vulnerable. His eyes went normal and the iris turned blue. The katana materialized away and the black mist he gave off was gone. Like he wasn't a demon anymore.

On his knees, scarlet blood started to drip from his nose. He put his hand up to catch it and stared at the sitting blood on his palm. His glanced up to me 5 feet away and his eyes started to drift close. He dozed off and before he contacted the ground he worded to me, 'Help'.

I sprinted towards him and knelt down. I then put three fingers up to his pulse. He's alive. But what just happened?

Hearing footsteps coming from behind me, I turn around. The demons that filled the room are gone. Drake meets my gaze.

"Allison, what are you doing?" Drake wonders with everyone else thinking the same exact thing.

"I think I healed him," I pause to turn back to Reid who laid on conscience, "with the kunai I slashed him with. I-I know it sounds crazy but..."

"But what Allison?" Scott said stepping in.

"My tear. It can heal a damaged soul. One of my tears fell onto my kunai that I slashed Reid with." I said trying to give a good explanation. Just before Scott was going to respond we saw a tree stump from 20 yards away from us.

The Nemeton.

Leaving Reid on the floor, we all head for the Nemeton, cautiously and slowly. Poked in the center of the rings that lay on the stump is a message. Ava rips it off and tries to read to. There's a long pause.

"Ava, what?" I questioned.

"It's in Japanese," she answers.

Braeden takes the note from her hands and reads, "Only the pure can pass to what lies beyond the bars of Hell."

"Are they talking about a chance to free everyone from Hell." Noah wondered.

"Yeah I believe so," Braeden confirms, "But we need to pass a series of tests to see if we are pure enough too."