Chapter 69

A town.

A place you were supposed to call home. I place where everyone knew each other. Where everyone accepted their flaws and where you could feel safe. 

Beacon hills was not a place like this. Or at least not anymore. It was a town of the supernatural and death. 

This was a dark day for Beacon Hills. A dark day for me, for Ava,  and for everyone. 

Muffled sounds of priest echoed in the back of my head as I zoned out into the abyss we call life. A cruel, cruel life. My hands dripped into clenching sweat as they gripped the charcoaled handle of my umbrella. My eyes wandered there way carelessly to the black rim of the umbrella. Clear, crystallizing rain fell down it. Each raindrop its own unique shape. My legs began to shake from the cold and my open toes itched from the grass that seeped their way into my high heels. 

Rubbing my fingers gently across each other, I tilted the rim of the umbrella to look up at the sky. It was dark, cloudy but at the same time, irresistibly beautiful. In its own way, it marked an end. The end of the hard journey. A journey of pain, of heartbreak, of betrayal. 

As I revealed myself to the open rain, I could feel the droplets as they fell down my face. Covering the makeshift of the tears that rain down my face. My lips quivered at the coldness of it. 

I felt alone. 

My eyes then wandered over to the meadows. Remembering the days I played in there as a child. The longing I felt for my parents when I realized they were gone. How helpless I felt that I would never feel their touch against me. And in the darkness of this memory, I saw Scott. The comfort that he gave as he kept me safe and filled the emptiness that I felt from the loss of my parents. 

From this, my eyes wandered to Ava. She lost him. We all did. But she seemed to be hurt the most. I felt the need to fill that hole she had now had in her heart. And return to her what she had given me when I was too in heartbreak. 

Slowly, I fluttered my way over to her. I could only see her back as it was faced to me. Her front is to him and his grave as everyone circled around. Her hair brown and soaked. She had not brought an umbrella. It was a punishment for the pain that she felt for him. I know. The feeling was too familiar. 

I felt my feet squish around in my shoes as I walked over to her. The closer I got the more I realized she had been crying. Alone. Standing by herself as everyone mourned around her. She was the closest to him. 

Grabbing her shivering shoulder, she gasped. She was freezing. Cold to the touch. Her head hung low. Her piercing blue eyes staring at the blades of grass. Using the littlest drop of power that I had left to control, I felt a surge of gentle heat from body flow through me and into her. 

Her eyes widened and jerked to look up at me. Her lips quivering and curling. Her eyes began to tear up as she finally cried out. Jumping into my arms, she let go. 

"He's gone. I-i can't. What do I do? Please, Allison, oh help me."

"I've got you," I began to squeeze her tighter in my arms as pulled the umbrella over her head to shield her from the rain, "I've got you."

Noah was a friend. A brother. He was a big part of my life and he was taken from me. Just like my parents. Just like Chris. And now him. These losses WILL NOT go unanswered. 

Someone will die for this. 

All of this.

And no matter what other people say, I will not hesitate to make the killer suffer.

Leaving Ava's grasp, I walked over to his coffin, my hands stroked from the bottom to the top.  I clenched my eyes. I felt a tear fall from my face and onto the coffin. 

This wasn't the end.