Chapter 15

Ava and I follow Liam from out of his history class  to Scott's AP Biology classroom. "What are you doing?" Ava asks here father intensively.

"Sorry, no time to explain." he apologizes as he approaches Scott's classroom window. We watch as Liam try to gesture Scott's attention, but nothing seems to work. It takes a few minutes of waving and hand singling to finally get his attention. For a short moment, Scott tries to ignore him but eventually brings a hand signal to his ear to listen to what Liam is saying.

From outside the closed door, Liam whispers,  "Scott She's here. She's in History class right now." he pauses to look at us strangely from beyond the windows view, "Tracy. She's here." 

Scott immediately asks the teacher if he could be excused and he exits the door, surprised to see  Ava and me with Liam. Liam then goes to pull the fire alarm due to a psychotic killer being at school. 

We run through the hallways passing kids who don't seem to be in a panic from the fire alarm. But when we reach the room, Ava and I are the last ones to enter seeing Tracy gripping Ava's mother's wrist tightly enough for blood to start spilling out.

"Tracy, let go," Scott cautiously says making his way toward her. "Tracy."

"Hey, you're hurting me," Hayden says noticing the blood spill from the violent grip Tracy has on her.

"Tracy, let her go," Scott repeats.

"They're coming," Tracy says getting up from her seat looking straight into Scott's eyes, "They're coming for all of us." As she says this she collapses with a silver liquid that I remember seeing in AP Chemistry. Mercury.

We leave the classroom with Ava and Scott carrying Tracy out of the classroom and through the hallways being met by Stiles and Malia, sprinting around a corner. I follow them close behind to see Liam trying to give a god explanation to Hayden about she had just experienced. Hope he has a good one. Liam doesn't seem to follow us, more like he's concerned for Hayden

When we arrive at the Animal clinic Deaton takes immediate action and asks Ava and Scott t put her on the metallic table. First, I see him observe her condition, speaking aloud, "Pupils dilate under normal conditions." he continues to observe, "Heart rate is 250. Evidence of an allogeneic skin graft on the right shoulder. Now, this silvery substance at her lips is not something I've seen." He stops to see the silver substance on her lips, "It almost looks like..."

 "Mercury," I say interrupting for my knowledge of the substance.

"Uh..."  Stiles reacts as Tracy moves a little.

"Can't you just give her a shot of something?"  Malia wonders towards Deaton.

"She doesn't look to be in any pain." Deaton points out.

"I meant a shot to kill her." Malia snaps and Stiles immediately forms a grimace face, embarrassed.

"I generally prescribe to a code of ethics that frowns on such measures," Deaton says concerned.

"Malia, you know we're not going to do that," Scott confirms to her worry.

"How do you know she's not going to kill us?" Malia worries. 

 "She makes a decent point," Stiles progresses, "Either way, eventually I'm going to have to let my dad know she's here."

"Agreed." Deaton admits, "And while I may argue against euthanasia, I'm not opposed to a little..." he pauses as he grabs a jar of mountain ash off a counter, "Extra security."

I watch as Stiles stares at the mountain ash with a sad expression.

"Don't worry, Dad," I say assuring, "Tracy won't be able to cross a line of Mountain Ash."

"She's not going anywhere," Deaton adds.

"Yeah, that's kind of what I'm afraid of," Stiles says looking at Deaton and then glancing towards me, scared.

"Well, you and I will be able to get out of here no problem," Deaton says hoping to cheer him up.

"You four," he looks to Scott, Malia, Ava, and I, "Not so much." 

 I never knew what it was like to have a father worry for you. But even though Scott was practically posing as a father for me all those years. It feels odd to have my official father feel such a thing.

"Weird." Deaton breaks the silence as he examines Tracy's condition more, "Scott, would you mind holding her down."

Scott leans towards the table and does so. "I'm going to be trying a few more invasive tests." Deaton implies as he grabs a scalpel off a counter. But he doesn't seem to pierce her skin but it makes a metal against metal sound. Instead of the piercing the skin it breaks the blade.

"I think you're gonna need a bigger blade,"  Stiles says humorously.

"Now, this is interesting," Deaton explains to Malia and Ava while poking at something under Tracy's neck.

"What's up?" Stiles says to Scott with me following behind him.

"It's my mom," Scott informs us of a text he got, "It's about the driver of the prison transport. She's saying he's awake and talking." 

In the corner of my ear, I hear Deaton telling Ava something, "Ava, help me turn her over, please."

Then my attention is directed back to Stiles and Scott's conversation, "Driver didn't have stroke or heart attack. Says it was more like his body just locked up Like he was paralyzed."

"I think I know what she is," Stiles says with knowledge of what happened

"Do you care to enlighten the rest of us? Because this doesn't look too good." Deaton says pointing out Tracy moving spine on her back.

We watch as it moves slowly and then breaks open. A mucus gets on Deaton, Scott, and I. Feeling myself instantly wiping it off, I notice a tail emerge from Tracy's back and hit Stiles to the ground. When I try to move to help hold Tracy down, she jumps and slashes surprisingly where my cut was from last night. I collapse to the ground 3 to 4 feet away from my father on my back. Soon Deaton, then Malia across the chest and wrist. Ava tries to fight back put is hit in the leg. Scott's the last one and he tries to knock Tracy out but is slashed at the neck. Staring at Tracy, she gets off the metallic table and crosses the mountain ash, leaving the building. Scott stumbles around in place then collapses.

"It wasn't a werewolf." Ava points out.

"Kanima." Scott points out while on the floor.

"Hey, Deaton, how the heck did she get through the Mountain Ash?" Stiles implies wondering how a supernatural crossed the barrier. 

"I don't know," Deaton says with no knowledge of what happened. "It's a barrier no supernatural creature should be able to cross."

"Scott did it." Stiles demands.

"Once," Scott admits, "but it almost killed me."

"We should've killed her," Malia says annoyed.

"Meanwhile, she's probably on her way to killing someone else." Stiles implies.

"Listen, everyone. We need to concentrate," Deaton tries to gesture with the exception of being paralyzed, "Scott, Malia, and Ava, you three will probably be able to move long before Stiles, Allison and I can." he points out, "But you need to focus."

"Focus on what?" Malia says impatiently.

"Healing." Scott experts.

"That's right." Deaton acknowledges.

"I don't know how to tell my body to heal," Ava says scared because she struggles with healing and controlling herself on a full moon.

"Ava, calm down," I say assuringly, "It's okay..."

"I can't calm down." Ava implies, angry with herself.

"I can't move. And I never learned to even control myself on a full moon, yet." 

"It won't last long." Deaton says.

"We're going to be okay." Scott shows, "Doc, how do we focus?"

"Think of a body part," Deaton says focused on his words, "Your hands, your feet, even just the tips of your fingers. Imagine them moving. See it in your mind and your body will follow."