Chapter 31

The ride home was long and Chris decided to go with us. Scott filled us in on more information, like how 'the door to hell' only opens on a full moon. So, we only have a month to figure out how we are just going to barge through the breach, to knowing what will find on the other. I slept on the way there and every time I close my eyes I appear there, through the breach. I know it's just a dream, but it actually feels like I am physically there. Hold her hand, never wanting to let go of it. Whatever Scott is unsure that I am, it always me to see my mother, in person.

When we arrive in Beacon Hills , I feel at home, we go straight to the Animal Clinic. Noah meets us there. When we arrive through the double doors, Noah is waiting for us, sitting on the front administration counter.

"Where's Braeden?" Scott wonders to him as Noah hops off the ledge.

"She had," Noah smirks a little, " business to attend too." Scott rolls his eyes and starts for the next room with Drake following behind. Noah approaches Chris with a hand out to shake, "You must be Chris Argent, " he says giving a warm smile as Chris seems to be confused on who's he's meeting " Oh sorry. My name is Noah, Noah Hale. You know my father and mother, Derek and Braeden Hale, right?" Sometimes I like to admire how Noah is so polite and I know Ava feels the same too.

" Wow, I must've missed a lot, because I remember your father leaving for Mexico with your mother," Chris says starting to head for the next room as Noah blushes and scratches his head nervously. Once, Chris has left the room, Ava starts to a sprint towards him. She jumps into his arms and embraces him with a kiss.

"I'll leave you too alone," I say smirking and then heading for the next room. Ava nods in appreciation and continues to kiss Noah as if the haven't seen each other for a whole year.

I enter the next room, and Scott has his hands perched on a metal table in the middle of the room. "Ok. The next full moon is in 30 days and if we want to save them all, we need to be at Mexico when it opens. The full only lasts for 30 minutes so we need to get in, get out," he forms a frown, "Or will be stuck there." I bite on my lower lip nervously. I leave the room to hide my expression. I try to be noticed because I want to be alone for a moment. Instead of just finding myself another room, I leave the clinic.

The town is peaceful at this time of day, everyone is out at school and I probably going to have to go tomorrow, even through everything we've gone through. I still need to live my life. Noah missed school today to see Ava and Drake, Ava, and I have a lacrosse game next week. I fear that our absent days have caused us to be kicked off the team. My hands tremble and I instantly dig them into my pockets to warm them up even though its the spring. Sophomore year is almost over and Junior year is going to start, then Senior, then... college. I hope that maybe I might see my parents again by then. It's not fair that they had to sacrifice themselves for me. What would it be like if they raised me instead of Scott? Would I be different? All that I know is that whatever happened to me is who I am today. I walk through a quiet street. House lining the right of me and the woods on the other. The trees wave in the wind. Leaves fall from them on the asphalt, beneath my boots. I tighten my ponytail to secure my feeling like fiddling with my kunai's.

Then, as I continue on the sidewalk closest to the woods, a house sits across from me, alone and untouched. It was my old house. Then I look towards the woods and notice a stump in the distance. It was the stump that I was put by, seeing my father for the last time. As if unknown instinct I walk toward it. Dry berries and leaves cripple beneath my boots as I walk towards it. Now that I am older, I finally understand the importance of this stump. It's the Nemeton. I now stand at the base of the roots and stroke my hands along the rings of ages in the tree stump's center. I remember how my father set me down next to the stump with ease and pleasure. Like he was sure that it would protect me. My fingers glide across the rings.

Suddenly I am surrounded by fire, and opening, like before, stands before me to walk through. I run through the corridors heading for my mother door. I dart in, but she's not there. I sprint out and scroll every single door in the hall. It grows darker and before I decide to give up.

"Allison," I hear her whisper.

"Mom. Where are you!" I cry out.

"Follow my voice," she says assuring, and I do so. Her voice takes me through the halls and turns after that. It seems like forever till I meet a dead end where a brick wall stands before me. I instinctively press my ear on the cold stone wall. I hear voices, voices from the other side. I feel wall for a way to get to the other side. Soon my gentle taps turn to a violent punch. I can't get to the other side. I am this close, and I can do nothing to go any further. My knuckle bleeds from the rough edges of the stone bricks.

"Mom!" I yell angry with myself.

"Calm yourself, " Lydia whispers, "just walk right in."

"But it's a fricken solid brick wall," I snap and immediately regret my selfish actions, "What can I do?" Suddenly my hand disappears completely into the wall. "What?" I say murmuring to myself. I lean closer and then my whole arm disappears. I continue forward till I find myself back, standing right next to the Nemeton. I am back in Beacon Hills and I hear birds 'chirp' all around me, sweetly. And I just know one thing that I need to figure out. Where does that wall lead too? And, what am I really?