Chapter 7

My head hurts. I get to my feet with my whole world spinning as I notice that it's daytime. How long was out? I think to myself as I rub to what I think is a bruise on my forehead. It takes me a little time to figure out what I am doing here by the creek in the woods. It's not until I remember, "Ava!" I exclaim, going to her shivering body getting on my knees, to see her barely conscious with half of her body in the freezing creek. She's probably hyperthermic by now because who knows how long we've been out since we fell through the breach and she was a stabbed. I lift her sweatshirt to see that her tang top is drowning in scarlet blood. She's need medical help. But wait, why isn't it night time? We or I was supposed to go back to the time when my parents were taken in the middle of the night and this is day time and it's peaceful, quiet. I will probably need to find my way to town and figure what time period I am in. Once, I do so, hopefully Deaton, a friend of Scott's who knows about the supernatural and can give Ava medical attention.  It would be even better if Scott and his pack were alive during this time period. 

"Allison?" Ava moans when she sees my face.

"It's ok Ava. I will get you help. Just hang on." I say trying to hide my overwhelming fear of the worst for her. As I try to use myself as a crutch to bring her to feet and drag her to the Beacon Hills Animal Clinic to find Deaton to help Ava heal because she was my first priority before I do anything else to figure out where we are. The moment my eyes see asphalt on the ground, a sign of relief runs down me when I notice a police car driving down the abandoned road. There's no way that I gonna get to the Animal Clinic fast so my only option is to ask the policemen for a ride. But then I realize some other things. What if the policemen notices the blood and takes us to the hospital? Well I know Scott's mom, Melissa, works there . But again I don't even know what time period it is. I am just going to have to take a risk because there was no time to argue with myself, Ava's life was on the line. Waving down the car, it pulls to the side of the road at the grass line, right in front of me. The police officer is Jordan and he looks so young.

"Do you need a ride some..." he stops in his words as he sees Ava state. He opens his own door, getting out, and then grabbing Ava from my shoulders and arms. He picks her up completely then opens the passenger seat to lie her in gently, then he asks concerned and curiously, "What happened?" 

I am not sure if he knows about the supernatural yet or is a part of the pack so I know the only logical thing to tell him, "She was attacked by an animal. She needs to get to the hospital immediately and needs help from Melissa McCall, and her only!" I say serious and desperate. 

I could hear the sirens blow as I sit in the car next to Ava unconscious. I whisper to myself hoping that Ava knows that everything will be ok. My eyes wander helplessly was I see Jordan's eyes glance at me. I am gonna make a daring decision, "Jor..." I correct myself, "Sir. Could you do me a favor." 

He flinches to this because he knows something. "What's that?"

"Could you take me to the Beacon Hills Animal Clinic instead?" I say hesitantly about what his reaction to this might be.

While directing his attention to the road, "What's you name?" he says suspicious and I can notice every bit of it in his eyes. What do I say? My real name, where I endanger my whole future or make up a name and lie to him about my history.

"Alexis," it hurts me to lie to my friend but he doesn't know and who knows what will happen if anyone from this time period knew mine or Ava's really name.

"And she?" he says interested but seriously.

I takes a while for me to think of a name, but if I take any longer I know he will think I am lying, "Anna," I breathe slowly with my heart pounding.

"Why does she need to go the the Animal clinic. There are professionals at the hosipital?" he says with curiousity in his eyes.

I panic. What am I going to do? I can't just tell him that I am from the future and my adoptive father is a friend and worked for him when he was young."She-she's," I hesitate, "she's a were wolf and I'm a banshee." Jesus, that was hard and what could be the consequences of this? What if he doesn't know about the supernatural and I just changed the past .

He stops the car and turn his whole body towards me and squints. My heart is beating more than it has ever have, "Won't she heal then?" Thank goodness he knows or I would have screwed up time. "Also, I am not dumb enough to know that your lying to me about your real names," he says sinisterly as if he can recongnize our fathers and mothers a little in our faces. I don't say a word because if I do , I am going to say something I will regret. 

Then speaking up after a long pause, "Please, she needs help." I say while gesturing towards Ava. Thankfully, he excepts this but I know he isn't going to hesitate to question me when all of this is over.

When we get to the the Clinic we rush out of the car and I grab Ava's legs and he grabs her arms as we carry her, busting into the front doors when Deaton notices Jordan but not me. Deaton demands, "Who's this..." Jordan interrupts him with respect as we bring her into the medical room and set her on the metal table.

"Can you save her?" I say worried, and I am glad that Deaton does not waste anymore time to ask me anymore questions.

"I can try but I going to need you two to hold her down." I don't argue nor does Jordan. Ava struggles and reacts to when Deaton puts some kind of numbing drug into her neck to dull the pain she is about to feel. He squeezes her wound and I could already see it had healed from last I saw it. Blood is spread all of the metal table know and he grabs a few thing out of the cabinets. He works fast and I am glad he can help. Jordan and I struggle also with holding her down as he does, well something to her. She stops and relaxes, asleep and calm. 

"Will she be ok?" I say both worried and concerned for her. He just nods and cleans off his equipment.

"She will awake in time. But I can't help but ask. Who are you because you remind me of someone I know?" Deaton says with curiousity. I think to whether I should I just confess or not.

"I am sorry, but while "Anna's"," Jordan gestures sacastically, " resting, I need to bring you into the sheriff's department."