Chapter 65

"What?! How?!"

"I don't know. She went to the other side of town to check on how the police were handling the sudden change in geography in our town and never reported back to me," he said worriedly, "so I sent Ava and Liam over there to check on them. They said that there was no trace of her or the police that was reportedly supervising the area. All they could find was blood and flesh on the ground, almost like..."

"Like they were attacked." I paused to direct my attention to the ground where I could lose myself in thought. Maybe Malia had turned because of the recent rupture with the Nemeton.

"I think Parrish is missing too, but..." Scott added before I was quick to interrupt him.

"He turned."

"What?"

"Yeah, we were investigating the cliff right there," I pointed towards the now still cliff, "and then all the sudden he was on fire and crawled over that." I looked over to Scott who analyzed the cliff. He squinted at the engravements on the cliff. They were handprints. Jordan's handprints. But there was something off about them. As the handprints traveled up the side of the cliff, they morphed into dog-like prints. Hellhound prints. Jordan had never fully shapeshifted into a hellhound ever before.

This drew me to the conclusion that the effect that the absence of the Nemeton in putting on every Supernatural creature in Beacon Hills is affecting them more severely than I had thought. It is causing their Supernatural side to resurface. Most likely permanently and eradicating their human side. It's turning them inhuman.

"Scott?" I broke the silence with.

"Yeah?" he responded.

"Be honest," I genuinely spoke out, "has this affected you yet?" We both stood in silence and stared at one another. His eyes searched mine hoping that I would withdraw my question. Probably knowing that I wouldn't like the answer. "Scott, please. Tell me the truth."

He huffed and turned around and lifted up his shirt. I was shocked to see that fur was growing on his back. Then putting his shirt back down, he turned back towards me. He had been wearing sunglasses that I surprisingly never noticed. After the fall and blacking out, I never noticed this. Reaching for the sunglasses, he pulled them off. Under were his vivid blood red eyes.

"Oh my god," I said all while placing my hands over my mouth in shock.

"I-I know... I s-should've told you and I don't know how much longer I have before I lose my humanity and turn."

"It's okay, it's okay. We can figure this out. We have too. We always do right?" I began to shake and my world began to shake vigorously. "W-we, I-I?!"

Everything became a blur as I got up and stumbled around. Scott blurring around through my vision. My eyesight started to become a blood orange.

"Allison!"

I turned away from him and stumbled to a nearby tree that I laid my hand on for support. At my touch it the tree turned to a blaze.

Then looking back to Scott, I saw his hand reach out to me. I swatted it away.

"No, I'll burn you!"

I panted and huffed from where I stood and let my head droop down.

Scott approached me with a calm voice, "No Allison, you won't."

Annoyed, I responded, " And you know that how?!"

"I just do," he took a deep breath before he hesitantly places his hand on my shoulder, "we'll figure it out. I promise."

Finally, I find myself having the guts to face him. Turning around I meet his supportive figure, keeping me upright and strong on my feet.

He smiles at me until his gaze interrupted and draws it towards my hair. Pulling out a streak, he shows a strand of hair to me.

"This is new," he says as he shows me a strand of hair that is a blood orange, "it's like your Pheonix eyes."

"Well, I think you were right when you said that we all don't have a lot of time before we all change."

******************************************

I stormed into my house, followed by a changing Scott at a fast rate.

I was surrounded by Liam, Hayden, Ava, Derek, Braeden, Issac, Deaton, Reid, Mason, and Corey. I frowned when Drake was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Drake?" I demanded.

Ava was the first to respond, "He went missing along with Malia, Brett, Jordan, and Noah."

"Wait, Noah's gone?" I frantically called out and looked over to Braeden and Derek who were comforting each other with a loss.

Then I looked over to Ava who lowered her head, sad. Suddenly, Reid got up from his seat on the ground and walked over to Ava, embracing her in a hug. I noticed as much as Ava didn't like Reid's pity, she needed it right now.

The room was silent, everyone losing hope to this unknown enemy who had seemed out the town into chaos. As I walked past everyone to the front of the room, everyone stared at my hair strangely, which was at this point all in my hair except the roots, having my natural colored hair.

"Hey umm, what happened to your hair?" Reid rudely changed the important subject at hand.

"Besides the point, " I snapped once I had gotten myself to the front of the room, "the point is that our pack is disappearing and we have no idea why!"

I don't know if the decreasing Nemeton power throughout the town is causing my sudden anger and anxiety but it most likely that every time the power in the Nemeton is deteriorating, I am weakening. It's like I am more connected to it somehow.

"Allison." Scott spoke out calmingly to me to remind me of my change in emotion."

"Yes, " I acknowledged, "I need to be straight with you all. With the absence of the Nemeton and decreasing power of it..."

I paused as I gave myself a sec to regain my strength to speak. My eyes wandered the crowd of people before me. All looking at me for an answer for the recent destructing of our home, Our town.

"I am dying."