Chapter 4

There are people crying with sadness and happiness, and more worried than ever as I squeeze through people crowding around the tryout results and my heart drops as I read the posted paper on a light pole on field. It reads that I am a attack men along with Drake, and Ava's the goalie. I knew that was coming from a mile away. Suddenly, I warm, firm gripped hand grabs my own, puling me out of the crowd of people. It's Drake who is holding finger against his rosy lips as we head off the field and towards the woods. He's smiling as I try to catch up to him. Once I had cached up I slow my pace and walk beside him, trying to stop myself  from reaching to hold his hands and I figure I might as well put my hands in pockets to prevent me from doing so.

"So, I don't mean to ask, but what happened to your parents." he's says shaking with his words as we walked down a dirt pathway at the sky looking dusk.

"Well, on the night of my 9th birthday, I woke up to my father carrying me out of my bed," I continue hesitantly starting to remember it all over again, "he carried me through the hallway, sprinting downstairs, and out the door grabbing his metal bat. My mother and Scott followed behind him as  my mom using her voice as a weapon and Scott attacking against something, like a shadow chasing after us. We were reaching the woods when suddenly mother was grabbed by the figure with morphed into three people. My father set me down by a  tree stump and went back for my mother. But he never came back, I was alone and scared in the middle of the night until Scott found me." I frown towards Drake as he directs me towards rock that we sit on and I feel his warm touch as he holds my hands, I blush. "Scott, brought me home with him and I've lived with hime ever since. He didn't tell what happened to them until I was 12." it's silent until Drake speaks up.

"My mother died when I was little too," he admits, trying to relate to me and understanding how I feel, " from cancer."

"I'm sorry." It's silent after this and we both watch as the sun sets. At the corner of my eye I see Drake glancing at me. I reveal myself to him as he leans in toward me. Drake reaches to to touch my face to move strain of hair. He pulls me close to him as I slide my arms around his back and pull him closer. He kisses me with a warm embrace and the kiss is long until we hear an alpha roar. 

"What was that?", Drake questions.

"Scott." I reply with assurance. Drake is transformed into a werewolf and I notice him being vigilant, so something must've been watching us, something bad. Reaching for an arrowhead that I had conveniently in my pocket, I clench it between my figures ready to throw it. The figure watching us from the shadows charges at us without warning. It's some kind of demon that looked exactly the figures that took my parents. It locks eyes with me and Drake notices.

"Run, find Scott." he says growling, I don't question. As I disappear farther into the forest, I see Drake attack the monster. I can hear a fight going on not far from me, must be Scott because I hear him struggling with something. I reveal myself from out of the bushes to see Scott, Hayden, Malia, Brett, and Liam fight another  demon, but more. 

Brett sees me and is hit and thrown to my feet. Helping him up to his feet, he asks, "Where's Drake?" he says worried and panting from the unfair fight.

I reply, "He's fight one of those things at Beacon Peak." and then the moment  those words leave  my mouth he doesn't waist a second to leave for the point. I watch him disappear towards the way as I direct my attention back to the rest of the pack being obviously unmatched. I feel so helpless. I need to help them and then I get my chance when one of the demons sees me and heads over to me locking on my position. I am the first to sprint towards the thing and spin the arrowhead in my fingers as I whip it over my head and rip it aiming it at it. I release it and it flies in the air straight into the forehead and then it drops to the ground lifeless. Scott sees and yells something for some reason I can't hear. I feel myself stumbling around and vision is blurry as I see my mother by a tree telling me something, "Let the power of the banshee guide you." she whispers and then disappears. Suddenly, I feel myself let out a screeching scream that clears my  head. The scream was so loud that all the demons dropped at my packs feet. I meet eyes with Scott as he runs over to my aid. Why is he worried for me? I am fine just confused. My body drops to the ground to see that my chest is drenched with blood. Scott catches me before I hit the ground, and he's trying to tell me something that I can't quite hear.

But read his lips repeating, "Allison!" over and over. Should I feel pain? Why don't feel pain? I was just impaled by the claws of a monster. Looking at my wound on my chest I lift my shirt to see it healing. Blood is on my hands as I pass out looking at the stars above me.