Cuddles and Monster Inc (Calum & Quinn)

(sidenote: Calum's job in this is a firefighter)

  After one office fire, a few car accidents, and many cat-stuck-in-a-tree rescues, Calum was exhausted. He didn't want to see another fire, crushed car, or cat until his next shift. He needed a break and that break included lots of time spent on the couch, cuddled next to his four year old daughter.
The only thing stopping him was his four year old daughter.
Quinn was busy coloring this picture and nothing was going to get in her way of finishing it.
"Quinnie, I'm home." Calum called, bounding down the hall towards her room. It had once been a guest room, but it had been turned into Quinn's temporary room whenever they stayed at his parents' place. She spent a lot of time coloring in the room. The walls were decorated with lots of her art. She was quite proud of it and was determined to cover every inch of the walls.
This next one was going right over her bed. As soon as she finished it, which didn't seem to be happening anytime soon now that her dad was home. Quinn turned to smile at Calum, greeting him by puckering up her lips and smacking a kiss onto his cheek.
"Did you have a good day?" Calum asked, taking a seat on the floor beside her. Quinn went back to coloring, nodding her head. "Do you want to spend time with me?"
"Not right now." Quinn said, staring down at her crayons with a thoughtful look. What color should she use next? "I'm busy."
"Too busy to hang out with me? I was gonna watch your favorite movie."
As enticing as that was, Quinn was in the zone and did not want to lose this motivation. For four years old, she seemed to understand the temptation of procrastination better than most adults. It was not something she wanted to deal with ever. "When I'm done."
Calum huffed, getting to his feet and shuffling out the room, with a mumbled, "Okay."
Quinn sighed, listening to the sound of him settling into the couch. There was no way she could just keep on coloring now. She scrambled to her feet, scampering down the hall and crawling onto the couch with Calum. "One movie and then I have to go finish." She nuzzled underneath his chin, letting him wrap her up in his arms and start the movie.
"I knew you couldn't resist a cuddle."