Ashton & Kadia

(not AU)

-

Kadia stood beside her grandmother, paper in hand. Watching with anticipation as people passed by her. She was at the front of the crowd of people ready to greet the band, and had the majority of the attention (and cameras) on her. But she didn't notice or care.

Her daddy was coming home. He'd be walking out from the terminals in no time and she'd be able to hug him and give him the picture she'd painted. It was him on stage behind his drums. She was pretty proud of how it turned out if she was gonna be honest. 

She stood on her tiptoes, hearing the crowd behind her all collectively gasp and started talking all at once. It was another minute or so before Ashton made his appearance. She squealed, slipping her hand out of her grandma's and rushing past everyone to get to Ashton. 

He laughed, dropping the bag on his shoulder to kneel down and let her hug him tightly, arms around his neck and everything. He lifted her up, swinging her slightly. 

"Look! Look!" Kadia practically shoved the paper in his face, so he had to lean back to get a better look. It was clearly him (the swirls on his head and bandana gave it away) and it was pretty comically exaggerated. But so adorable.

"Thanks, sunshine, this is really cool!" He started carrying her over to the baggage claim, listening to her animatedly talk about the puppy her grandma had been dogsitting. 

"Can we get a puppy?" She asked as Ashton set her down to help get the rest of the bags. 

Ashton laughed, shaking his head. "Not right now, I just got back."

"But in the future?"

"Possibly." He knelt down in front of her. "I got you something while we were in Vegas."

"A puppy?"

"No something less cool but still cool." Ashton pulled a white tiger Build-A-Bear out of his backpack and handed it to her. "Do you like it?" Kadia hummed in response, hugging it tightly. 

"It smells like you!" She said, crinkling up her nose. "I'm gonna keep him forever."

"Good, now let's go home."