Unintentional (Ashton & Kadia)

Kadia was rushing around, trying to find her wallet, while also trying to ignore the sound of Ashton's voice behind her.

"...don't think it's a good idea to be hanging around guys like him at your age." Kadia turned around to look at her dad, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"You don't even know him." She said defensively. Ashton pointed at her as if she'd just proven a point.

"And that's what concerns me. I don't know him." Kadia rolled her eyes, ducking underneath her bed to check there. How did she always seem to be losing things? "What do you even know about this guy?" Kadia looked up, seeing Ashton with his arms crossed and that typical disapproving look on his face.

"His name is Sam, he's a grade higher than me, and he's driving me to a concert tonight." Kadia leaned back and sighed. Her wallet was nowhere to be found. "He's responsible enough to own his own car and he paid for my ticket." She looked up at Ashton. "Plus I really like him."

Ashton shook his head. "You barely know anything about him. How can you like him already?"

Kadia stood up, placing a hand over her heart in a dramatic sweep. "The heart wants what the heart wants." She ducked by him, going to go check one of her bags. "Have you seen my wallet?" Ashton picked it off her pillow and held it out to her. But when Kadia reached for it, he pulled away. "I just don't think you know enough to trust this guy so easily."

Kadia sighed. This whole nagging thing was starting to get on her last nerve. Her patience was running thin. "Dad, as great as you are, you're probably not the right person to be giving me relationship advice." She watched as a flash of hurt passed through his eyes before disappearing. He handed the wallet over. "Yeah, you're probably right." He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked towards her bedroom door. "Have fun with this Sam guy. Just stay safe."

Kadia stood there for a second and then sighed and hurried to catch up with him. "I'm sorry, that was rude." She rushed to stand in front of Ashton, stopping him. "I shouldn't have said that--"

"Don't worry about it. Go have fun." Ashton shrugged. "What you said wasn't not true anyway. Just be careful, for me, okay?"

Kadia studied his expression. "Okay." She leaned forward to kiss him on the cheek. "I'll call you when we're on our way home and everything."

"Good, you better."