Late For A Very Important Date (Luke & Asher)

"He swore he'd be here." The gruff voice of her father filled the room. He'd been pacing for the past hour with his phone pressed against his ear. He'd called and called but no one answered from the other line. "If he's not here in time I'll wring his neck"

"Dad." Zoey mumbled. She was so drugged up on epidural that she could barely focus. Her dad pacing back and forth so much was only making her more stressed. "Stop. He's probably on his way." Or at least she hoped, because she was actually freaking out about this and she was pretty sure the only person that could calm her down was Luke. Knowing he was there with her had always helped her. 

Just then, her phone beeped and her mother scrambled over to grab it. 

"He's on his way. The show ended later than he thought it would." She scoffed and handed the phone to Zoey. "This wouldn't be a problem if he hadn't been at a show in the first place. Honestly, this rockstar lifestyle is completely impractical and unpredictable." Zoey just rolled her eyes as she sent a quick text back.

Get here fast. The parentals are driving me insane!

There's a surprise :P

The place where the show had been was an hour away from the hospital, without traffic. Go figure, there was bumper-to-bumper traffic now. Luke sat anxiously in the backseat, checking his phone every five seconds. Zoey's mom was going to let him know if the baby was coming or not. So far there had been no message. 

"Maybe we'll make it on time." Michael said, noticing the worried look on Luke's face.

"Yeah." Luke mumbled in a hollow voice. 

They got to the hospital the same time Zoey's mom called him. She sounded irritated  as she told him Zoey had gone into labor not too long after he'd let them know he was on his way. She hung up after letting him know the baby was born. "It's a boy." was the little bit of information she'd give him.

When he got to the room, Zoey's parents sat outside to give them some time alone. 

"My dad's gonna kill you." Zoey said as soon as Luke sat down. She laughed at his shocked expression and ruffled up his hair. "It's okay, I'm kidding. I told him his grandson still needed his dad."

Luke sighed and leant down to rest his head on the bed. "I'm so sorry. I should've been there. There was so much traffic and--"

"Luke, no one is upset." Zoey rolled her eyes. She'd been doing that a lot lately. "It's fine. You're here now."

Luke sat up to look at her. "Can I meet him?"

"Why are you even asking?" Zoey gestured towards the hallway. "Go down and take a left, there's probably a nurse waiting for you anyway. You can hold him and everything. They just took him to get his footprint for the birth certificate." Zoey reached out to grab his hand before he could leave. "But then come back. Don't leave me with my parents again."