Matching Converse (Michael & Rigby)

Shoe shopping wasn't something Michael usually did with Rigby. His mom loved taking her out to the mall and helping her pick out pairs to try on. But his mom was busy and Rigby needed a new pair for her first day of school. So he took her.

It took a while to even get to the shoe store since they had to pass the toy store on the way, and Michael just couldn't refuse going in at least.

When they finally made it to the store, Rigby was clinging onto her new elephant and bouncing around. She made faces at every pair of sandals Michael picked out and shook her head at the ballet flats.

"I want those." She said, pointing to Michael's black Converse with an eager smile.

"These are mine." Michael laughed, glancing down at his shoes. "How about your own pair?"

Rigby jumped up and down to show how much she liked that idea. Laughing, Michael walked down the aisles for a while until he was able to find her size in the exact same pair. He held them up for her to see.

"I want those!" She said eagerly, reaching out to grab them. 

"Let's try them on first." Michael sat down, letting Rigby lean in against his legs while he switched her old pair of shoes for the Converse. They both stared at them for a while.

"I like them!" Rigby squealed, nodding her head in approval.

"Well that was easy." Michael scooped her up after putting the Converse back in the box and helping her put her old shoes back on.

He had to hide them until school started. Rigby was adamant that when she wore them on the first day, Michael had to be wearing his too.

"We match!" Rigby whispered as Michael carried her into class.

Michael just laughed. She liked the idea of matching with her dad now, but he knew the day would come when she was too grown for stuff like that.