Michael & Rigby

Sometimes, hotels weren't boring. Like when they had an outside pool with a good amount fo shade and a lack of people. Or they served breakfast with an abundance of watermelon. It was the simple things that made a big difference for four year old Rigby Clifford. 

So after a bowl full of watermelon, she was ready to swim the afternoon away. 

Getting her into a swimsuit was the challenge. Michael couldn't find it. He knew for a fact he'd packed it because Rigby had reminded him every couple of minutes while he packed. But it was somewhere in the suitcase which was more like Mary Poppin's bag than anything else. He'd lose himself in there if it were possible. 

"Did you find it yet?" Rigby had already asked at least five times, but she'd gotten the same answer each time. The hope that that would change this time brought her back into the room.

Michael tossed a few more items of clothes onto the floor and shook his head. 

"Wait, there it is!" He yelled, yanking the polka dot one-piece out of it's hiding spot and holding it up for Rigby to see. She squealed and scrambled onto the bed, jumping up and down until Michael had to make her stop so she could actually get dressed. 

She ran a short distance ahead of Michael as they walked to the elevator. None of the other guys were up for swimming just yet, so it was just him and Rigby for now. 

The water felt nice, thanks to the hot day. Michael waded in the water, watching as Rigby pulled on her floaties. She refused to let him help her, but she didn't really need his help anyway. They were easy to slip on, thankfully. 

She stood at the edge of the pool, looking at the water with uncertainty. She was always nervous to jump into the pool the first time. No matter how many times she'd done it before, the first jump intimidated her. 

"Daddy, come closer." She waved for Michael to move towards her. He took a few steps forward and raised his hands up, ready to catch her. Rigby nervously took a teensy step closer and shook her head. "I can't do it."

"Of course you can." Michael stretched his hands out more. "You've done it before!"

Rigby took a deep breath and stuck her arms out towards him. "You'll catch me?" 

Michael almost rolled his eyes. "I always catch you, Rigby." It was pretty amusing that she'd still question him though. 

Rigby jumped, letting out a little scream and landing perfectly safe in Michael's arms. She giggled and wiggled free of his grasp, starting to kick and splash around as usual. She needed Michael to catch her, but she was pretty independent after that. He just had to stay nearby when she wanted to jump again. Which was usual.