Green Day (Ashton & Kadia)

The morning of the concert was filled with one conversation: Green Day. All Kadia wanted to talk about was the concert, the songs, the music videos, everything and anything Green Day related. Ashton was quite proud of her knowledge. She could recite each member of the band, their position, and their birthdays. (She was borderline obsessed, but in a cute and endearing kind of way.)

Hours before the concert, she was already to go. It was an outside event so she’d picked out her favorite tank top and shorts to wear. She pulled on the Green Day beanie she’d gotten for her birthday. In the last hour before they had to leave, she put the finishing touches on her poster. The one she’d started working on last month. She’d drawn each of the guys, Ashton, and herself sitting on couches and eating pizza, because why not? She’d written in big words ‘Let’s eat pizza!’ on the very top. 

They got to the concert venue with enough time to get good seats on the grass. They played a few rounds of rock paper scissors before catching the attention of a few more fans. Kadia led them all in a sing along while they waited. 

When the concert started, Ashton held Kadia on his shoulder, letting her wave her poster and belt out the lyrics as long as she wanted to. 

Halfway through the show, Billie Joe stopped to talk. The first thing he said is, “I think we see our youngest fan in the audience right now. That’s a pretty rad poster!”

Kadia squealed, looking down at Ashton in shock. “Me?”

“Yeah, you!” Ashton laughed. “Wave!”

Kadia waved her hand wildly, grinning from ear to ear. 

“This song’s for you, kid. Let’s get pizza some time.” The played Holiday, which just so happened to be Kadia’s favorite song. Day. Made.