Luke & Ruby

If Luke thought it would be easy, he was wrong. Potty training was near impossible when the bathroom always seemed to be occupied. Whether it was Calum taking a shower or Michael messing with his hair, there always seemed to be someone in the bathroom that couldn't leave just yet. Which wouldn't have been an issue if it wasn't for the fact that when Ruby had to go, she really had to go. Pull-ups were just a lot easier to clean up than pajamas or pants.

Luke banged on the bathroom door, glancing at Ruby every few seconds. She was doing "the dance" and he guessed that they had about ten seconds before she finally gave in and just went right there. But Ashton was showering. Go figure. 

"I have to go!" Ruby whined, crossing her legs and bouncing up and down. 

"Hold it for another second, Bug." Luke banged harder. "Ashton! Open the door! She really has to go!"

The door swung open just enough for Luke to rush Ruby in. He lifted her onto the toilet seat and stood a small distance away as she went. Really, besides the traffic in the bathroom, she was basically potty trained. If she didn't have a pea-sized bladder, it would be even better. 

Ashton stood to the side, rubbing his hair with a towel. He'd had enough time to get a pair of jeans on before he'd had to open the door, luckily. "She doesn't need an audience." He muttered, shifting uncomfortably. Luke was blocking the doorway. 

"I don't want to be alone!" Ruby wailed as the two of them started backing away. This was the other problem. They couldn't exactly go in the ladies' room in public places to keep her company. If she didn't start getting used to going on her own, she'd pee her pants in public all the time. (That was slightly exaggerated, but so were most of Luke's worries.)

Luke sighed, moving out of the way so Ashton could leave. "How about I wait in the hallway and you tell me when you're done?"

Ruby jutted out her lower lip. "Why can't you just stay here?"

"You don't need me." Luke shrugged, already backing towards the hallway. "You're a big girl, right?"

"No." Ruby whimpered. Luke's shoulders slumped. He couldn't leave her while she looked so dejected. And adorable. How did she look so cute and sad at the same time? It broke his heart. "Fine." He took a seat in the doorway, looking down at his phone. "Let me know when you're finished."

"Daddy?"

"Yeah?" Luke looked up at her. 

"I love you." Ruby grinned at him. 

Luke smiled and shook his head. She always knew what to say to make him feel better. "Love you too, Bug."