The Creature in the Woods (by Nicoletta) {School Writing Assignment}

I do intend you all to read this and see how it is. If there is a mistake ANYWHERE!!!!!! Please tell me so I can correct it. This is due tomorrow (10/19/16) for a class called Writing Workshop. Anyways, just a heads up, this is a Monster story thing and I wrote about my fictional boyfriend, Kyo

(I must go to my shrine after this and beg for forgiveness for using the M word towards him)

And if you don't know, my boyfriend has three forms: Cat, Human, and True. So this is about his true form and if you don't know what he looks like, either go to the Internet and search up "Kyo's true form" or go to my friend Starlight0991 's book called Random Stuff and find the chapter called "Nyo=Best Shipper Ever" and find the picture that is either three or four pages into the chapter.

I used my character Nikki because I was too lazy to create anyone for this story. So yeah.

Let's see, I feel like I'm missing something......hmmmm

Nope! But if I find anything, I'll post it in the comments so yeah.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy!!!

------------------------------------------

Tall towering trees covered the bare ground, turning every inch dark and eerie. This is home to many creatures that roam freely through the night, away from humans. Despite this, one young girl was going to experience a breathtaking and frightening event.

    Stepping into the pathway that was filled with fallen trees, roots sticking out of the ground, and seemed deserted for years, Nikki sighed apprehensively as she thought twice about her journey. Deep down inside herself something was forcing her to go down the path to find it, however, something else was informing her to turn back, but that would make her a coward. She finally decided to go forward and head deeper into the forest. Without further interruptions, Nikki clenched her small, brown messenger bag and continued on through the path, carefully avoiding the decaying trees that nearly blocked her path.

    After a few minutes of climbing over moss covered trees and boulders, Nikki slowly grew exhausted from the many obstacles that laid in the pathway. The urge of wanting to return back home made a rebound, but once again, she refused to do so. She released a heavy sigh, but suddenly, something caused her nose to sting. She gazed into the pitch black section of the forest. Continuing to grasp her bag, she began to approach that area.

    Nikki continuously followed the stench as it grew stronger. Barely any light shone through the trees with branches that stretched out into the night sky. Her only source of light was the soft, gleaming glow of the moon that only appeared through tiny holes from the branches above. However, the trees grew thinner and thinner as she hiked down the trail, which gave her more of the moon's glow. Finally, the trees opened up, revealing a circular area. The woodland features formed a circle around the perimeter of the area, which caused Nikki's curiosity to grow rapidly.

    She pondered momentarily until she suddenly noticed something in the center of the circular space. She finally found it. Nikki stepped forward slightly, but her hasty actions got the best of her. From just one step, her foot mistakenly pressed onto a thin but dead twig, causing a small echoing sound to fill the space around her. She stopped dead in her tracks, then looked up. Thankfully, the sound did not reach the creature. If so, the situation would of been much worse. She signed with reprieve.

Nikki returned to approaching the creature, but this time more vigilant than ever. Every step she took she had to double check that there was no fallen object that laid on the ground below her. Fortunately, there was not a single abandoned twig or crunchy leaf anywhere to me found. It was only the suspicious dead twig left at the entrance of the circular area. To not make anything worse, it the matter of seconds she approached the creature. She was only a couple of feet before it. The strong stench of the rotting flesh of a deceased being filled her nostrils, making her gag slightly. That stench indeed came from the creature; its natural scent. Pondering about what should she do next, she decided to get its attention. However, what she did not acknowledge was the creature already knew that a young girl was standing behind it.