Welcome home - Daryl

Summary : I would sat this would take place right after Daryl escapes the saviours and makes it back to Alexandria . Your waiting for him but something was different with him and you hope that you could be enough to help him get thought it

With gun in hand you stood up on the guard tower. It was getting darker and you were looking for Rick and the group to come back anytime. After the whole incident with Negan and spencer and Oliva you were restless. You missed Daryl not knowing what Negan was doing to him was killing you.

Rick had left about four or five hours ago, to go to hill top to start talks about fighting back against Negan. You were more than willing You had been willing to take the fight to those jerks since that night.

Suddenly movement below caught your eye and you raised your gun. " We come in peace" Rick calls out and you grin as you lower you gun as he appears followed by Michonne and then Carl and that when you saw him. He was following at a slower pace head hung low. but it was him. Your heart jump in your throat.

You hurried down the tower you ran over to the group. Daryl stop walking and caught you as you crashed into him. You didnt even try to hid the tears coming down your cheeks as you buried your face in his neck.

His arms wrap around your waist tightly pulling you into him. When you finally pulled back so you could really look at him he just gave you one of his brief smiles but quickly looked away. :"are you ok?" you asked

" yeah. . better now I am back" he said slipping out of your hold and walking ahead to catch up with Rick. You stare after him confused. " give him time Michonne said walking up to you as you stare after him.

******************************************

Time if that what he needed then you would give it to him. It had been a couple days now and he remained distance and off in his own world. He had even stop sleeping in the same bed with you. You were not sure which was worse watching him being dragged away by Negan or having him so close but not being able to touch him.

"We don't know what Negan did to him " Michonne told the two of you were on guard duty on the tower. " he won't talk about " you said you know he not much a talker to begin with " Michonne said and you had to agree with that.

" do you think he blames himself for what happen with Glenn?" you asked staring out into the trees. Michonne was silent for a moment you looked at her. " do you?" you asked

" No I dont " she replied but he probably doses Michonne replied " I wish he would just talk to me " you said. " let him know he can " let him know youre there for him" Michonne said " he going to push but push back " she said.

You smiled and nodded you knew he could be stubborn and you must be patient but you loved him and you wanted him back with you.

*******************************

You found him later that night sitting up against the outside of the house messing with his bows. "Can I join you for a minute?" you asked softly. He looked up " sure " he said and you settled down next to him.

neither one of you spoke for a minute I am sorry " he said all the sudden making you look at him "what for?" you asked " for everything " he said looking down again. " you dont have to apologize you said.

" I have missed you. " you took a deep breath. " I was scared when you take away like that but I knew you would come back but I know that you need time to sort out everything but you have to know I am here for you " you said reaching out and touching his hand.

He glanced over at you. your eyes met and for a second you saw the man you fell in love again that smile." Thanks ": he said but neither one of you tried to move. Finally, you move to get up " you know where I be when youre ready " you said before you headed home

****************************************

a couple days later you stumbled into your bed sore and exhausted you all you wanted to do was fall into bed and sleep for weeks. The " simple " run that you had been out on had gone bad quickly when you had run into a group of walkers when you were trying to slip in and out of old store gathering whatever food you could find.

You and Michonne had just managed to get out of there but with a few new scrapes. Closing the door behind you and wincing in pain you slowly peeled the shirt off your body. Checking yourself out for any major cuts that you may half missed.

No cuts just big ugly bruises. You closed your eyes and sigh trying to decide if you wanted a shower tonight or If you could wait till in the morning. But then there was a knock on your door. You walked over and cracked over the door blocking the view of your body.

You were surprise when you saw Daryl standing on the other side of the door he had a worried look on his face " are you ok?' you asked him Are you ok?" he asked Michonne said you two had run into trouble on the outside. " he said

" I am fine " you said. " let me check you out to be sure. " he said trying to slid into the room. You automatically held your shirt up in front of you. " could it at least wait till I finish getting dressed?" you asked

He came to a stop right in front of you looking down at you meeting your gaze. His was dark and intense. All you could think about was leaning forward and pressing your lips to his then pressing the rest of your body against his.

All you wanted was to feel his hands on your again You bit your bottom lip to keep from moaning and try to take a step back away from him. But suddenly he was reaching out for you. Wrapping an around your waist brining your closer

The other hand reaching up and pulling the shirt away from your body and tossing it away. He frowns when he saw the bruises on your side his hand skimming over your bare skin. " you could have died out there " he said and you looked up at him

" it a possibility every time we go out " you said letting your own hands run up his arms up on his shoulders. He closed his eyes " If you had. I would have never. I mean. " you stop him from saying anymore by pressing your lips up against his.

It only surprises him for a split second and then he was pulling you into him hands everywhere as he deepens the kiss. Somehow you both ended up on the bed. With you pinned underneath him as his mouth trailed down your body and one hand was tugging off your jeans.

You kicked them off once at your ankles you gasp and arched your back off the bed as his hand feel between your legs. He brought his mouth back to meet yours." I need you " he said in between kisses " I can't pretend anymore that I don't " he said nipping at your bottom lip

You groaned " I am here I am your " you said as you found his mouth and pressed your lips against his hard and It was his turned to groan

Little while later he held you close as you both came down. You curled up against him laying your head on his shoulder " you smile and looked up at him welcome home you said earning a chuckle from him before he kissed you again until you were breathless.