A little bit of fun doesn't hurt anyone

Rick X Reader - based on the prompt "The paints supposed to go where?

Repainting the inside the house turns out to be more than a little messy but it also turned out to be a whole lot of fun .

"Hey look what I found while I was out " You said with a grin as you walked up to Rick having just got back from a run with Daryl.

"What ?" Rick asked as he leaned in a kissed you gently . You lifted the two cans of paint up for him to see " there at 4 more in the car I thought maybe we can repaint some of the rooms in the house " you said

He grinned "Doesnt that sound fun ?' you asked He laughed "Depends on the color " he said. " it a pale yellow " you replied " I was looking for a bright pink but they were all out " you joked

"Well darn it " he replied " so you will help me ?" you asked giving him the look that always got you what you wanted. His reply was an roll of the eyes but you knew he would help

You leaned in for another kiss " Thank you " you said as you pulled back he pulled you back in for a deeper kiss.

***************************************

It was three days later when the two of you finally got a chance to use the paint. It was a warm and sunny day and you decided to paint the bed room first.

All the windows were open and most of the furniture had been remove . Carl had taken Judith over to Carol's while the paint was drying.

You had changed into a pair old jeans that you had cut into short and one of Rick's white undershirts . You pulled your hair up into a messy ponytail

" have you ever done this before ?" Rick asked as he walked into the room " Not really but it can't be too hard " you replied glancing at him " have you ?"

He smiled " I attempted once Lori wanted the living room painted and I guess I didnt do it right and we ended up with a professional " he replied

"well I think between the two of us we can figure this out " you replied with a smile.

*************************************

After a messy start and a short discussion on how to go about this . The two of you got into a rhythm. That was one of things about Rick you loved how well the two of you work together . Even without words .

The two of you had been working in silence for a little while . You step back to admire your handiwork . It wasn't looking to bad . You turned to Rick.

"So what do you think ?" you asked he glanced at the wall and then you ." it looking good but I think you missed a spot " he said .

You frown "What ?.. Where ?" you asked and before you could react he reached up and wipe the paint brush against your cheek.

You gasp in shock " What was that " you said to a laughing Rick . " you missed a spot " he said again grinning .

You gave him a look trying hard not to smile . But you could tell it wasnt working. " You know the pain is suppose to go on the walls " you replied

Again Rick being quicker spread another blot of paint on the other check

"The paint is suppose to go where ?" he asked laughing

This time you were faster than him and manage to get the side of his face before he darted out to try to grab you arm.

'Now that is where the paint is suppose to go " you said laughing as you kept moving out of his grasp . You had very little room to move trying to avoid the wet walls and he was guarding the doorway.

" You know we can both walk away from this just put down the brushes " you said and he grinned " Your just saying that cause your trap "he said

He took a step forward you took a step back but you didnt have much room to move . The two of you eyeing each other waiting for the other 's move. It was a bit silly consider the state of the world.

But you felt that you needed these silly time to help balance out all the crappy times. Plus you love to see Rick smile and laugh.

You were trying to figure out your next move when he surprise you with his speed as he lunged at you and before you could even move with his free had had you by the hand with the brush .

"Hey " you said laughing as he gently but firmly twisted you arm around your back making you drop the brush . " This isn't fair " you said " this is a total cop move " you add

He laughed "well good thing I used to be a cop now doesnt it " he said as he took his brush and swiped a little on your nose. You struggled a little more only for the fact that your body was brushing up against his every time you did.

He gave you a look " I know what you are doing " he said You grinned " what is that ?" you asked as you brushed up against him again.

" You are trying to distract me " he said " Maybe " you replied " is it working ?" you asked " Maybe " he replied but then he was dropping his own brush and pulled you into his arms his mouth coming down on yours.

Paint was quickly forgotten as he pressed his body right up against her . His hands sliding underneath your shirt . The feeling of his hands on your skin made your heart speed up in your chest.

You wanted to feel him on top of you needed to feel everything . He seem to have the same idea and pulled you back a little to a clean spot on the sheet that was spread out on the floor.

"Down " he said in between kisses. But before either one of you could start moving you were brought back to reality when someone clears their throat

You pulled apart and looked over where Michonne was leaning against the doorway with a huge grin on her face. " I can see the painting is coming along " she said .

You knew your face was probably red But you just shrugged sharing a little smile . Michonne laughed "well I will just let you finish up " she said grinning and reached for the door as she left closing it behind her.

"Well I guess we should.." you started to suggested getting back to finishing up but Rick was pulling you down along with him. His mouth on yours stopping you from finishing your sentence.

"Now where were we ?" he whispered in your ear .