Chapter 11

Back to Sabrina's POV:
It's been a little more then a week since I went to Bradley's house and the whole baseball thing. We haven't barley spoken, he doesn't even sit next to me durning 1st period anymore. Instead he moved across the room next to some kid named Peyton Meyer. I have never talked to him but he seems nice. You know that awkwardness you get when you and your friend aren't talking and it's all you can think about and you try not to look at them it it's just like a reflex and you do it anyway without realizing. That's basically whats going on.

All I can think is why. Did I do something wrong? Does he not like me and not want to be my friend anymore? Is it something he did? Most of the time it was him starting the conversations between us and I would try my best to seem interested. A lot of times he would text me to asking me about what I was doing but now he doesn't do that anymore and how my day was and he even cared. At lunch he barley even looks at me. Honestly, it kind of hurts.

Right now we are sitting in first period and I decided to text him and ask why we aren't talking and to like meet me after school or something.

Texts:

Me: Hey. What's going on? Can you meet me at the park after school?

When he gets the notification and he looks at me from across the room then looks back at his phone.

Bradley: Sure. What time?

Me: 4:00

Bradley: Ok

End of text messages.

I am kind of nervous. I don't know why. I wonder what he feels and why he isn't talking to me.

* * *

It is now 4 and I am sitting on the park bench waiting for him. He arrives and sits next to me. We don't look at each other.

"So what's up?" He as if he hasn't just ignore me for almost 2 weeks. He still hasn't looked at me yet and has just looked straight in front of him.

"Nothing. I just wanted to know why you haven't spoken to me recently" I told him.

"Why haven't you spoken to me?" He asks

"I barley even started conversations with you when we did talk so why would I start now when you are avoiding me" I say calmly. I'm trying not to start a yelling fight in the middle of the park with a bunch of 5 year olds around.

"That is true" He says.

"So what's the reason" I ask. He pauses for a few seconds before answering. I can tell he doesn't want to answer.

"I thought you hated me because of the whole teaching you the whole baseball thing. I know you didn't like it at all even if you said you did and I know you weren't ok with it" He said

I smiled a little bit. "I don't hate you and I never could. I'm not going to lie to you and say I wasn't uncomfortable but I'm also not going to lie to you and say I didn't like it" I say while facing him now.

I see a smile start coming on his face. "For real?"

"Yeah for real" I say. He opens his arms for a hug so I hug him back. I'm back to that uncomfortable feeling. After hugging for like 30 seconds I let go and then he pulled away.

"I just have one question" He says.

"What is that?" I ask

"Was I starting to break the wall before?" He says

"Yes but if someone stops breaking it, it's just going to start building itself up again." I say.

"Got it. Do you want to go anywhere now" He says

"No. I think I am just going to go home. Don't want to like over do it on our first day of talking again" I say.

"Ok. See you tomorrow then" He says.

"Bye Bradley" I say

"Bye Sabrina" He says.

For some reason I got upset that he didn't call me B. I guess I kind of like the nickname. So we both went our separate ways and I went home to do homework and I assume he did too.

{Sorry I haven't proof read the last 2 chapters (the two chapter 10s) I just did it now and edited any mistakes}