Dick Grayson x reader

Requested by batmanwife13 she is a really good writer btw. 

Key:f/i/c=favorite ice cream
F/f=favorite flowers

10 years ago

Y/n's pov

                             Papers, and voices filled the room, I didn't pay attention to any of it, a female officer got down to my level, "hey," she said softly "are you okay, sweetie?" She asked, I shook my head as a 'no' "everything is going to be okay, sweetie," the officer said softly "everything is going to be okay."

Now

                            "Everything is in order, Mr. Wayne," I said handing him the papers "thank you, Y/n, and how many times do I need to tell you to call me Bruce?" He asked, I rolled my eyes playfully, "my mouth not yours," I said playfully, Mr. Wayne sighed and shook his head, "are you alright? You seem a little down," "I'm fine, Mr. Wayne," I said softly, the playfulness is now gone, "you're not 'fine', Y/n," said Mr. Wayne "why don't you attend the Charity Ball I'm holding? I'm sure Dick will like that," my cheeks turned pink, "t-that's very kind of you, Mr. Wayne, but you don't have to invite me," I said "Y/n, you're a daughter to me, you may be Alfred's goddaughter, but you're my daughter figure," I took a deep breath, "you're not going to drop this are you?" A small ghost of a smile appeared on his face, "perhaps," he said with a small chuckle, "I better get going, I have a business meeting." I nodded, he gently kissed my forehead, and left. 

                            I realized I'm on my lunch break allowing me to visit my parents, they got involved with the League Of Assassins, causing me to become orphaned, luckily though, my godfather, Alfred Pennyworth, took me in.

                          I placed a bouquet of f/f down onto my parents' grave "hey Mom and Dad," I softly greeted them, I hugged myself, "I know it's been ten years since you both died, but it still hurts," I said softly "I-I still don't understand why you two put yourself into that situation," I said "did you owe them something? Did you do something that offended them?" I heard footsteps "I wish I can know the reason why the League went after you two," I sniffed, I felt someone hugging me, "it's alright, n/n, I miss my parents too," Richard, I turned, and held his waist, "death is so unfair," Dick kissed the top of my head, "I know, it is," he agreed, we stayed silent, "I heard Bruce invited you to the ball," "trying to make me feel better right in front of my parents' grave I see," "hey, at least you can forget the pain for now," "....." Dick helped me up to my feet, "come on, let's get some ice cream, I'm sure you'll want to have a bowl of f/i/c." I smiled, and wiped my tears away, "yeah, let's go." I said. 

                         Dick led the way, he and I used to do this all the time back when we were kids, when we got the ice cream we just talked about random things like always, I forgot about my worries, my pain, pretty much everything. 

                       "So, are you going?" Asked Dick "the ball right?" I asked "yeah," said Dick "you going?" I thought about it, "fine, I guess it won't hurt to go," I said softly "besides, I get to see Alfred." Dick smiled "yeah, you get to see him." He agreed. 

                        Dick walked me back to my apartment, "so, I'll see you there?" He asked "yeah, I'll see you there." I said, Dick smiled, and left. I quickly dug through my closet, and found the perfect dress for the ball making me smile. 

                                                                      *time skip to the ball*

                       During the ball, I spent some time with Alfred before looking for Dick, I found him talking to Mr. Wayne, one look, and he instantly knew it's me, Dick turned to see who Mr. Wayne is looking at only for his mouth to drop "wow," he breathed out when I got close to him, "you look beautiful," "you don't look so bad yourself," I said playfully, Dick chuckled, "yeah?" "Yeah," Mr. Wayne gave me a gentle kiss to the side of my head, "you look lovely, Y/n," said Mr. Wayne, I hugged him, "thanks........ Bruce," Bruce smiled "finally, you call me Bruce," he said giving me a warm smile, I smiled back, "hey Bruce? Mind if I take Y/n?" Dick asked "sure," said Bruce, he leaned in close, "go get him." I rolled my eyes, and followed Dick. 

                      A Thousand Years started playing making me roll my eyes "how cliche," I commented, Dick laughed, and offered me his hand, "hey, I like being cliche," he answered, I took his hand allowing him to pull me close to him, "I think you're a bit too cliche," I said, Dick rolled his eyes, he leaned in close, "is this cliche?" He murmured softly, and our lips met, "yes, it's very cliche," I said after pulling away, I pulled him in for another, "funny, you just said that was cliche," said Dick giving me a wide grin, I grinned back, "hold me." I said, Dick pulled me close, "yes, ma'am." He murmured into my ear. 

                    The night came to an end, Alfred, and Dick offered to take me, but I refused, "I'll be fine," I told them again "I'll call when I get back," Alfred hugged "do be careful, Y/n, you are my goddaughter." I hugged him back, "I will, Al, thanks for taking care of me." I said, I got into my car, and drove off. 

                    Just when I got out of my car, a hand grabbed me, "hello there, pretty girl," said a drunk voice, I drove my elbow to his stomach, but it did nothing, "now, now, be a nice girl, and stop resisting." Said the drunk, something flew by me, and hit the drunk straight to his forehead causing him to let go, and land back, "that's not very nice," I heard a voice, I looked up to see Nightwing, "are you alright, miss?" He asked me, I shook my head as a 'yes' "just........ a bit shaken up." I said, Nightwing wrapped an arm around my waist, "hold on." He said, and grappled away. 

                    We landed on a rooftop, Gotham is very brightly lit when it's nighttime, I looked at Nightwing, "I'm glad you're alright, miss," said Nightwing "I am too......... Richard," Nightwing stiffened before a small smirk appeared on his face, "how'd you know?" He asked "oh please," I said throwing my head back "I know that ass anywhere," his smirk grew "so you do you look!" He accused, I laughed, "you do too!" "I do not!" "Pfft," "don't give that attitude." "or what?" He kissed me hard, he pinned me up against a wall. 

                   He carefully picked me up by my thighs, and carried me away, I know where this is going, I should use that attitude more often.