Arthur Curry x reader

Requested by bloom31125

Y/n's pov

                 It's dark here in the sea, that means the Surface World is nighttime. I had something tapping my window, I smiled, Arthur. I opened the window, and allowed him to slip into my bedroom.

                "How did it go?" I asked, Arthur placed his hands on my waist, his forehead resting against mine, "it went well," he answered "did anyone suspect?" He gently kissed me "hush, my love, not one soul knows of us," he assured me "Arthur, I'm afraid," I admitted, he caressed my cheek, "do not be, once this war is all over, you will be my queen," my eyes met his, "me? Your....... queen?" "Yes, my queen." He repeated "I could not," I said "I am not fit to be queen," someone knocked on the door, Arthur quickly dove out the window, and I made myself look like I'm looking out the window, "come in," the door opened, "what are you doing still up?" Asked a guard "just nerves," I admitted "for the meeting your father wants you to attend?" I nodded, the guard smiled, "I assure you, princess, this meeting will crush those who call themselves people of Atlantis," said the guard, my head snapped to him, "I......... I will kill them?" I asked "that is correct, and your father, and you will be king, and princess of Atlantis." Said the guard, I looked out the window again, "I need to, um, digest the information," I said "you have my leave." The guard nodded, and left.

                  I cannot do this, I cannot kill my one and only love.

                                                                                  *time skip*

                The time has come, Atlantis is nearly razed to the ground, Arthur, and I are facing each other.

               "Why?" He asked "I never knew," I whispered "I never knew this will happen," few tears escaped "now, I want to save this city from falling, rebuild Atlantis, Arthur, I know I won't see its glory again." I said, I yanked out a blade, and plunged it to my heart, "no!" Darkness claimed me, I don't care what happens to me, I can't destroy Atlantis........... I can't kill Arthur, goodbye my love, see you in another lifetime.