Tim Drake x reader

Requested by Cana_Heller

Tim's pov

                      I watched Y/n wrap her arms around her knees, she rested her chin on top of her kneecaps, I sighed, and walked over to her.

                    "Are you okay?" I asked her, she shook her head as a 'no' "do you want to talk about it?" Another shake "why not?' I asked 'don't want to,' she signed back, I sat down in front of her, "you can't keep hiding from whatever is scaring you," I said "sooner or later, whatever is chasing you will catch up, and you will have to deal with it," 'but I don't want to deal with it,' she signed with a pout "you don't have much of a choice, whether you like it or not, you will have to face it," Y/n didn't sign back, I sighed, and sat down next to her, "what's wrong?" I asked to her "is something bothering you?" Y/n shook her head 'just drop it, Tim,' she signed "Y/n, if this is serious then you need to talk to me." I said 'just leave it, Tim, I don't want to talk about it.' She signed, she got up, and left. 

Y/n's pov

                    I carefully pulled the collar of my shirt down a bit to see ugly purple, and blue bruises. Bruce made me go to Arkahm Asylum to interrogate some inmates there, an inmate was set loose by accident, and he caught me off guard, he tried to choke me to death, I fell unconscious pretty soon after, when I woke up again, Bruce told me that inmate had choked me pretty bad, and that he somehow injured my laryngeal meaning I have difficulty speaking, swallowing, and I have hoarseness when I speak, whenever I do speak, it hurts me so everyone learned how to read, and speak sign language for my sake. 

                   I covered my neck again, and sat down on my bed, I winced when I took a breath, hell, even that hurt. I heard knocking on the door, I got up, and opened the door to see Tim. 

                  'What are you doing here?' I signed to him "I really am worried about you, n/n," Tim replied after understanding what I signed to him "please, tell me what's wrong." I sighed, and winced when I did, 'fine.' I signed, Tim gave me a worried look. 

                  I pulled the collar of my shirt down for Tim to see, his eyes widened, 'the reason why I use sign language is because I can't speak,' I explained 'some crazy inmate did this to me while I was on patrol a few months again,' Tim gently brushed a finger across my neck making me wince, "why didn't you tell us?" He asked 'Bruce knows,' I signed to him "and he didn't bother telling us, wow," he grumbled, he very carefully placed his hand on the side of my neck, "will you be able to talk again?" Tim asked, I shook my head as a 'no', "I really wanted to hear your voice again," said Tim 'I know, I do too,' I signed "I can help you forget," Tim said 'how?' I signed, he gently tipped my head up, and connected his lips to mine, "like that." Tim breathed out afterwards, I smiled, and rested my head on his shoulder.