IV.

AN: This chapter is too damn long, I can't even attempt to proofread it. At least not right now. If it's something thats absolutely terrible, LMK. 💜

Jamie groaned, as she watched Henry twirl in his suit. "Do we really have to go with purple?"

"I think it's a great color," her aunt spoke, before she could respond. "It's gonna be hard to find a purple that matches.

"I can always just wear black and add a purple flower or something."

"It don't work like that," her aunt yelled. "Ask one of them associates for a patch of this color."

Jamie rolled her eyes, as she continued the journey towards an associate.
.
.
.
The group sat in her Aunt's Jeep, cruising home.

"We're gonna kill homecoming," Henry beamed. "And you're gonna slay!"

Jamie shook her head as she peered out the window. "You don't know that. I don't even have a dress yet. That's if we ever find one."

"We will!" Henry reassured her. "We still have plenty of time to look too."

Twenty minutes later they were pulling up to the duplex. Her Aunt left the keys in the ignition as she hopped out of the vehicle. She opened up the back passenger door.

"I'm tired and I have a shift in the morning," she unbuckled her son, helping him onto the sidewalk. "You have your permit on you?"

Jamie glanced at her aunt then at Henry. "Uh, yeah?"

"Consider this a test," her Aunt spoke opening Jamie's door. "The mall closes at 9. Have you and my car here by 10."

Jamie's mouth dropped open. "What?"

Henry was quick to jump out of the backseat, running over to the passenger side. He yanked Jamie by the arm as her aunt continued.

"You heard me. Screw this up and don't even think about asking to use my car again."

Henry pushed Jamie to the drivers side. "We got it, Ms. Pam." Henry leaned into Jamie's ear. "Get ya ass in the car before she changes her mind."

"Yeah," Jamie mumbled. "I got it, Auntie. Back by 10."

"Back by 10," she repeated. "Just in case, the insurance card and everything is in the glove compartment. Be safe." Her aunt turned on her heels, slowly walking down the path with Devin.

"Bitch," Henry smiled. "Shift that shit in drive and let's bounce."

First stop:
Glitz in the Mall of America.

Henry sift through the racks of clothing. "Oh bitch, walk in there wearing this..."

"