XXVIII.

"...stop." The word he hoped she wouldn't say flowed so clearly through his ear canal. "It hurts..."

Prince dropped his head onto her shoulder, releasing a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. "Okay," he muttered, trying with all his might to suppress the disappointment.

"I just thought I could--"

"I know," he groaned against her warm skin. Little did she know, he was relishing in the feeling of her warmth, around his tip. "Just give me a moment, okay?"

"Okay."

It'd been so long since he'd experienced the joining of two bodies. And as much as he tried to withdraw what little that dwelled within, he couldn't find the ability to pull out.

"Prince," she called to him, cradling the back of his neck. Her small fingers ran along his skin to his hair, massaging his scalp as she gazed into those auburn orbs. He didn't need to speak for her to understand how badly he wanted to continue.

Merely seconds after she nodded her head for him to continue, his right hand dropped underneath her left thigh, lifting it to match the level of her right. With precision he circled his hips in hopes it'd relax her. Those hooded auburn gems bursting with an emerald hue, studied her, waiting to hear that word roll off the tip of her tongue.

Pecking her lips he slowly began to push. Winching at his slow intrusion, he watched as a single tear surfaced. It allowed him to see how much she wanted to please him.

A revelation of the power he held over her. It was only moments ago she begged for him to stop, but knowing what he desired she choose to silence her plea.

With haste he covered her mouth with his own, hoping this connection would show her that he understood. That he cared. That she was appreciated.

As his tongue explored her mouth, he pulled his hips back, ready to enter with everything he had.

Her moan from the relief of pressure was music to his ears, but her words never left, the plea once again resurfaced.

If he were the man he was 20 years ago, he'd skip the four play. He'd already be buried inside of her, filling her to the hilt the moment they made it to the bed, leaving her no room to protest. He'd be working her through the pain, demolishing her walls as he brought her to ecstasy while she screamed his name.

But that wasn't who he was, not anymore. He'd left that man behind decades ago. He was far from the person he used to be.

At this very moment he was hers. Her Prince. Her P. The last thing he wanted to do was pressure her, unintentionally leaving her in a state of remorse.

He understood more than he ever had before, the importance of a union such as this. What it meant and what it could possibly lead to.

_______________________________________

Jamie was the only occupant in the bedroom, her figure curled up in bed with the phone wedged between her cheek and the pillow.

Her eyes fixated on the seemingly endless amount of snow that continued to fall. "It's still going," she huffed into the receiver.

"Yeah, it is," the soothing voice replied. "Where's Prince?"

"I'm not sure. I think he went to bed after he showed me to the guest room," she disclosed. "This sucks..."

Jamie closed her eyes, trying to hold back the tears. "What's wrong, June Bug?"