VI.

The blaring sunlight made her groan in annoyance. Peeking at the clock on her nightstand only made matters worse. It was only 10 o'clock in the morning.

Pulling the covers over her head, she attempted to doze back to sleep.

Her phones vibration made her huff in dismay. Already knowing who it could possibly be, she answered.

"Henry, it's too fuckin early. What could you possibly want?"

"It's Corey."

Jamie shot up in her bed. Pulling the phone away she cleared her throat, attempting to rid herself of the dreadful morning voice.

"Oh, hey. Sorry...I just thought--"

"It's fine," he chuckled. "Did I wake you?"

Sorta. "No, I was just getting up."

"Cool," his voice was much deeper than she recalled from last night. "Any plans today?"

Jamie ruffled her now matted hair. "Uh, n--no none at all. You?"

"Maybe, if you say yes."

That afternoon, Jamie sat across from Corey at a local bar and grill. With it being a Sunday, the game had drawn a crowd to the establishment.

"You just wanted to see the game," she teased.

"Not just that. I wanted to see you too," the glint in his eyes proved him to be honest. "You follow sports?"

Jamie didn't hesitate answering no. "Who's playing though?"

"The Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears," he told her, studying the television.

"Plan on playing college ball?"

"Already have an offer on the table," he smiled dipping a wing into the ranch dressing. "I haven't told my team yet."

"Where to?"

"Ohio State."

"Congrats." She was genuinely happy for him. Can't knock a brother who's doing better for himself.

"What about you?" He flipped the question. "Any offers? Any ideas of where you wanna go?"

"Berklee."

"Figured that." Jamie tilted her head in confusion. "I've seen you play. I told you last night that I've noticed you."

"And you're just now saying something?"

"Yeah, I had a girlfriend freshman year. So, there's that." There was no shame in his answer. "Then I made varsity sophomore year. All my time was invested in sports."

"And now?"

"Still kinda is," he answered honestly. His dark eyes studied her face. "I just had to see what you were like outside of those walls, ya know."

Jamie turned away from him, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. He nudged her, softly.

"You're just as shy as I thought you'd be."

"That's embarrassing," she chuckled lightly, watching as the men cheered near the bar.

"No it isn't," he assured her. Jamie turned towards him, hearing those words. "I think it's kinda cute."

Jamie glanced at the fellow as he watched the game. In the corner of his eye he looked back at her. Swiftly, she looked away once she was caught. Her actions made him laugh.

"So, wanna learn the game?"

There were five minutes left in the 4th quarter and after much explanation, Jamie grew intrigued.