XLIV.

AN: It's been a long time. I left a bop up top.
Please reread the previous chapter and leave a comment...
I'd like to see who's still around and who's new.
As always...excuse typos and whatever.

    The following morning Jamie was awaken by Nova slapping her with a pillow. "Get up. Get up." Jamie snatched the pillow and tossed it across the bedroom. "Babyyy, Andy called and I called the crew. They're expecting us at noon."

    "What time is it?"

    "11:30," Nova mumbled. "The rest of the crew are already on their way there."

    Jamie rolled over, pulling the covers up to her neck. "Just go. I'm tired." Nova yanked the covers off of her body. "Nova, stop fuckin' around."

    "No, you stop fuckin' around. It's not everyday you get to go to Paisley Park," Nova pouted. "Baby, c'mon. Pleeeaaasseeee."

    "Nova," Jamie groaned. "I'll meet you there, baby. Okay?" With that promise, Nova was willing to take her leave, allowing Jamie to compose herself.

    Composing herself included a long shower, stuffing her face with food, followed by a few hits from her bong. All the while her phone stayed ringing with alerts. Text messages of what was going on. It'd been a little over an hour and they were still there.

Nova
1:17pm
Where are you?
He's letting them record in one of his studios.
You're missin all the action.

    Jamie stared at the message for a while before slowly typing a response.

    1:45pm
Be there shortly.

    And she was, stalling in the parking lot of the compound. She needed more encouragement. "One more hit and I'm straight." She packed a quick bowl of her go to, took a quick hit and set the rest in the glove compartment. While doing so, she grabbed her perfume. Stepping out the car she gave herself a few sprays, trying her best to mask the smell before heading inside. To her surprise the front door was unlocked. Taking a deep breath she stepped inside.

    It was quiet, yet alive. She could tell that the facility had been used far more than the last time she'd visited. Jamie marveled at the cloud painted walls, just as she I'd the first time. The winter sun shining down through the glass ceiling. It was so beautiful.

    Jamie found herself strolling down the hall, admiring the albums mounted on the walls. And on she went wandering into the now foreign structure. Somehow she managed to find herself tucked away in a corner of the facility, playing basketball.

    It took some time, but she finally picked up the sport upon meeting Nova, who played in both high school and college. Dribbling at the 3-point line, she went up for a shot and watched it sink effortlessly. Nothing but net. Retrieving the ball, she returned to the 3-point line, continuing to practice on her jumper.

    "I don't remember you playing basketball."

    She hadn't even noticed him watching from the entryway. Jamie cradled the ball in her palms. "Umm, how did you know that I was—," He interrupted with a point of a finger towards a camera.

    "Your— your um, girl— your people were hoping you made it. You weren't answering their calls so I went to check the lobby," he explained. "Saw another car, so I checked the security system."

    "Hmm," she replied. "My bad." Jamie placed the ball where she found it and grabbed her jacket from the floor. "Which studio are they in?"

    "The small one. Follow me."