XXVII.

AN: yall should know by now...sorry for errors..

Caught up in the web she spun Jamie hadn't taken notice to the heavy snowfall. The almost blinding snowfall. That was until the shrill of her cell phone filled the small space.

Pressing the phone to her cheek she was met with her aunt's panicked voice. "Please, tell me you're not on the road."

"Uhh, I'm not?"

"Where are you now, Jamie?"

"On the five," she replied. "I just dropped off Mr. Nelson about ten minutes ago. Why?"

"I can't believe I'm saying this," her aunt groaned. "But go back, at least until this mess lets up."

Jamie looked at the device in disbelief. Was she really telling her to stay at a man's home. "Auntie, I'm good. I'm going like 40 miles per hour."

"Jamie," her aunt stressed. "It's a snow storm. I'll feel better if you weren't driving in this bullshit. You may be driving carefully but anything can happen honey. Just go back until the storm lets up, okay?"

Jamie's grip on the steering wheel tightened. She'd be going back to the man she left, yet again, begging for more. "Okay," she finally agreed. "Text you when I make it there."

Jamie took her time circling back to his home. She wasn't even sure he'd answer his door. Then again, he probably would within seconds in hopes that she'd changed her mind.

Caught up in the thought of the endless possibilities, she hadn't realized she'd been sitting in his driveway, her lights blaring at the home.

The rushed knock on her window pulled her from wherever her mind wandered. "Hey, c'mon! It's freezing!" Jamie snatched the keys out of the ignition and hopped out the vehicle before following him inside.

The warmth of his home engulfed her, calming her nerves as she sat on the couch in the sun room. She needed to keep an eye on the storm outside so that when it let up, she could be on her way.

"I'm surprised you came back."

"I had no choice," she mumbled, folding her arms over her chest. "As the snowfall got worse, my aunt called asking me to stay here until it passes."

"Oh, you driving and--"

"Yeah," Jamie nodded, curling her legs onto the couch. "To ease her troubles, I did as she asked."

"And I thought you were coming back to finish what you started," he chuckled, hoping to earn a laugh from his guest.

"Nope," she contested. "Maybe if she'd called earlier I probably would have. At least then I wouldn't have freaked out over time."

"I see."

"That reminds me," Jamie whipped out her phone. She scrolled through the device and after clicking a few buttons the ring back tone on her phone filled the room. She figured a call would be better than a text. "Auntie," she called out.

"You made it?"

Jamie nodded as if she could see her, "Yeah. You're on speaker by the way."