XIII.

A/N: Play this when they get to Dakota. Seriously, play it. I listened to this while writing this chapter.

https://soundcloud.com/durandbernarr/cherish-the-day-glitter-fusion

Also, if you choose to follow this artist, DO NOT mention that you found him through here because he gon look 🙄 I don't have time to hear his madness next time he comes over.
Enjoy.
Thx.K.Bye.

Henry, watched her twirl in the mirror as she inspected her attire. "How do I look?"

"Fuckable," Henry smiled. "If I were straight, I'd be all over you."

"That's not the look I'm going for," she sighed. "I just wanna look a little older while standing beside him..."

"Well, you do." Henry shrugged with a smile. "Happy?"

"I guess so," she fiddled with her fingers.

"Please don't be like that. He's been crazy sweet on you. Enjoy his compaaaanyyyyyy," Henry dragged suggestively, tossing her jacket towards her. "Tonight is no different than any other night you've spent together. Now let's go, the show starts at 9. He's probably already there waiting."

Henry crept down the alleyway, stopping a few feet from the entrance. "He here?"

Jamie glanced at her cell phone. An unread message waiting on the screen. She popped open the phone, reading the message.

Life Alert
Eye C U

Henry leaned over, reading the message. "Get out, bitch," he encouraged. "Text me if you need me. When you're ready, I'll be here in no time. Got it?"

Jamie bit her bottom lips nervously before nodding. "Okay."

She couldn't understand why she was so nervous. Maybe it was the place.

The sound of her heeled boots clacking against the pavement helped slow her heartbeat to a normal pace. That was until he stepped out into the orange streetlights to greet her.

His attire matched hers. A brown suit adorning his small frame. Beneath the blazer, a ruffled black blouse. He reached for the door, holding his hand out for her to enter first.

A comfortable silence filled their space, as they sat in a corner booth.

"So," he'd broken the silence. "We're matching."

"Such a coincidence, I know."

He chuckled, "I wouldn't say it's a coincidence. We have similar tastes."

"Yeah, you're right." Jamie's cheeks filled with a light shade of pink.

He noticed, even in the sensual lighting. He could never comprehend how she still managed to be so coy.

"So how have you been treating my guitar? I haven't seen it in a while."

"Like the piece of shit it is, but..."

His mouth comically remained open in awe, waiting for her to finish. "But...?"

"Nothing, I was only kidding," she giggled. "It's been good though. It's been a bit," she searched for the right word, "frustrating at the moment. That's all. Been learning something different."

"Different?"

"Yup," she nodded, popping the p. "Something way different from what I showed you before. We should jam together again soon so I can show you."