XXXI.

Rolling over on his side, he was met with her adorable morning face, "Morning." Jamie huffed, turning her back to him. "Oh, c'mon. I know you're not still mad about last night."

Sliding closer to her, she did mimicked his actions, only moving further away. "You are!"

"Eff off," she groaned, muttering about last nights events. With a sheet wrapped around her, she rose from the bed, leaving him in the nude.

"Don't be like that, Jamie." He called, lounging for the tail end of the sheet. "Can you blame a brother for not wanting to participate in tip action? I mean, who does that."

"I said fuck off, Prince," she repeated, quickening her pace towards the bathroom.

Ignoring her use of fool language, Prince hopped up from the bed, gunning towards the bathroom. Mere seconds later, the door was slammed in his face. "Jamie," he growled, rapidly knocking on the door. "Open up."

"Nope," her muffled voice carried.

Prince put his ear to the door listening as she rambled through drawers. "What are you looking for?"

"Where do you keep your spare toothbrushes again? I know you have some more."

"Cabinet on the left," he replied. "Top shelf. I kept yours though. The red one in the holder, remember?" Silence. "Can you let me in now? I gotta get ready for work."

Her laughter rang out on the other side. "No can do, short stuff. I'm getting ready for class."

"I 'bout had it with these short jokes."

"Ehh, you'll get over it, pipsqueak."

Prince scrunched up his face, staring at the door. "You must really think you're funny." Leaning against the door, his eyes fell upon the bag of clothes. "We'll see how funny you are when you need to get dressed."

Leaning his ear towards the door, he listened for anything on the other side. All he could make out was the pitter patter of her feet.

Prince quickly stepped to the side, before she had another thing to joke about.

The door slowly opened and out she came, giving him an eye full.

As she continued to brush her teeth with her red toothbrush, she strolled over to her bag of clothes. Lifting it off the floor, she tossed it on the bed. "Like what ya see?"

"You know I do. You never fail to disappoint." Jamie giggled as she continued to ramble through her things. Watching her toss aside different pieces, an idea popped in his head.

"Let me pick."

Jamie cocked her head to the side. "Let you pick?"

"Yeah."

Jamie liked the idea and was down, under one condition. "You can choose my outfit as long as I can do the same for you."

__________________________

Cruising down route 5, Jamie sat Indian style in the passenger seat with her head buried in a notebook, scribbling away in the pages.

"What's got your attention over there?"

"Manuscript."

"New ideas?"

"Always," she replied, continuing to jot down the notes. "I only have a month until the audition," she threw head back against the headrest, "and it's still not perfect. It blows."