IX.

Corey? She'd ditched him that weekend and since the day in question he hounded her to hang at another time. Each time, she'd decline. In turn, he stuck by her side during their lunch period, jamming in the music room.

Her time with him dwindled to nothing but text messages and the occasional short conversation after the class' end.

"See you next week?" She asked just before leaving the deserted room.

"Yeah," he mumbled, packing his belongings.

"Mr. Nelson," she called, approaching his desk with caution. "Are you busy...this weekend?" He looked up from his desk. "I'm crashing at Henry's and thought that maybe, I don't know, we could do something," she suggested. "It's been a few weeks since I've seen you outside of these walls."

"Well, what did you have in mind Ms. Tracy?"

That Friday night, Jamie lay in Henry's bed chewing away on popcorn while he flipped through channels. "Ain't never shit on tv."

Jamie's phone began to vibrate beside her. "Pop in a movie," she ordered as she retrieved the phone.

Life Alert
9:19pm
What R U doing?

9:21pm
Looking for something to watch. You?

9:24pm
Thinking about this.

9:25pm
This?

9:27pm
What do U want out of this?

Jamie reread the message, trying to find the answer. What does she want?

"Freddy v. Jason or Bride of Chucky?" Henry yelled from the floor near the foot of the bed.

"Uh, either or. They're both funny as hell," she mumbled as she began to type.

"Well," he popped his lips, "I'm in the mood to see Kelly Rowland die so Freddy v. Jason it is."

9:35pm
I'm not sure. I'm just want to enjoy the ride, but I'm nervous for you.

"Great," she sighed.

9:37pm
What is it that you want?

9:41pm
Don't worry about me. Eye just want 2 B apart of ur experience.

9:43pm
4 how long has yet 2 b determined.

9:44pm
Found something yet?

Jamie found herself attempting to interrupt what he meant by experience. Life?

9:47pm
My experience?
I hope to be apart of yours.

"Bitch," Henry crawled up the bed. "What are you doing?"

9:50pm
Movie? Freddy v. Jason

9:53pm
U R.

9:56pm
It's a scary 1, but eye thinks ur worth it

Giving her another glimpse into his depth, her spirit shivered. They were apart of each other experiences. She possibly longer than he was for her.