XLIII. (Minor Changes)

II•XIV•MMXII

    Walking in the dimly lit club from the back entrance was almost surreal. The last time he attended the venue was with her. Still, he'd come because the band she gawked over would be here.

    "We got a table for you up top, sir, with the rest of your awaiting party.

Prince studied the fellow that led them to the second floor. After greeting Larry, Bobby and their spouses, he turned back to Tony. "Do I know you?"

"Maybe you've seen me here before. I mainly worked the bar a few years back," he explained. "Still working it, but I'm also the manager now."

"Hmm, maybe that's it," Prince replies, pulling out her seat. As she settled he prepared to take his own. "I know it's short notice, but thanks for accommodating us—"

"Tony," he answered.

"Tony," Prince repeated. "It's appreciated, brother."

"No worries, man. Can I get you both started on anything?"

"Two glasses of your finest white wine." Tony confirmed their order and disappeared down the stairs.

Prince scanned the club, taking in just how packed it was. "So this band must really be legit, huh?"

Pulling at a loose strand from her mane she chuckled, "Did I really just drag you out to see a band you never heard of?"

"First time for everything," he shrugged. "Care to tell me about em?"

"Well, I don't know too much," she explained. "I know the guitarist is from here. I shouldn't categorize em as a guitarist. Let's say multi-instrumentalist," she corrected. "From what I heard, they formed somewhere on the east coast."

"They better be good," Prince challenged.

"They are," she squealed. "I mean, look at this crowd. They're like on your level, when it comes to small venues. I can only imagine what kind of crowd they'd bring if this was on a larger scale."

The crowd hadn't gone unnoticed by him, he was indeed impressed. Still you had folks that only drew a small audience, but had all the talent like the lady sitting beside him.

    Suddenly, the stage illuminated with a blue hue. A violinist appeared on stage grabbing the crowds attention as the rest of the band join him.

After the dread headed fellow finished the intro. The sound of various instruments filled the space.

Baby, baby what's the plans? (yeah, yeah)
The night is slipping out our hands (yeah, yeah)

I seen you over there Girl
Why don't you come over here Girl..
Don't be scared Girl
There's enouGh of that in the world Girl
I'm posted up with my boys..
You chillin with your Girls, Girl;
And I bet you all are pretty as your peals Girl
Jigga man, roc-a-fella, Girls Girls Girls, Girl
Physically, you don't have to remember me
But don't forGet my enerGy....