XXIV.

Henry bat his lashes as he took notice of the radiance in her skin. "You got some."

Jamie scrunched up her face is dismay. "No. I didn't get anything. Well, some head, but he...he let me play this time."

"Oh, tea!" He hollered. "Spill it, bitch!"

Jamie sank into the seat she occupied in Five Watt Coffee. "Could you keep it down?"

Henry scanned the coffee shop, "Girl, bye. Ain't nobody here paying attention to us." He sipped his tea. "Spill, tell me everything."

"I mean," Jamie hesitated as she looked out the window, watching the snow fall. "He...it was different this time, Henry. The whole evening was different."

"Different how?"

"He just let me talk. He didn't interrupt or any of that. He just listened, just like I had for him."

"For him?"

"He told me a little more about him. His ex wife and son," she muttered, not entirely sure if Henry knew.

"Yeah, I remember seeing a paper in the grocery store about it when I was a kid," Henry recollected. "You never heard about it?"

"No," she shook her head. "I've never really paid attention to any of that stuff either. "So," she shrugged, "there's that."

"It was also the talk of the town for a hot minute," Henry continued. "He died from some deformity or something like that. At least that's what they were saying. It's really sad."

"Yeah."

"And what did you tell him," Henry probed, watching his friend in thought.

Jamie's gaze traveled over to her best friend. "I told him about my parents. Everything that I can recall from that day."

"He's tearing down those walls, huh?"

Jamie shook her head bashfully. "Maybe," she smiled. "I worry though."

"About?"

"Everything," she groaned. "He's 46, could basically be my dad."

Henry shrugged. "I see no problem with it. Maybe if you were 14 or something, but we're attracted to who we're attracted to. If it comes from a good place, why does it matter?" Henry waited for a response before continuing. "It's not like he was seeking you out. Plus y'all not even fucking anyway so..."

"I really wanted to last night though."

"Oh really now. Something more happened besides talking I'm assuming? I mean, you did say he let you have fun."

Jamie bit her bottom lip as she thought of the events of that occurred earlier that day. "I discovered that my gag flex is pretty much nonexistent for the most part."

Henry's head fell to the side. "Bitch, what?"

"Yeah," she muttered.

"You deep throated him the first time? Girl, you deserve a medal, because I could never." He began to fan himself. "So, umm, he packing?"

"I've been waiting for you to ask me this for the longest time--"

"You've seen him naked before?"